Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

I have been having weird dreams all my life. But they do not seem like "my brain is sorting out random information". my dreams work as if I am there in real life, looking at real things, the only thing "magical" about my dreams is the occasional magic power. usually i'd be in a house, or a extravagant mall. My dreams are very vivid, fluent, and realistic.

It goes through a kind of storyline, I will go through the mall looking at store names, the futuristic toilet, the outfit I am wearing, etc. As if I just jumped into a story book and followed the role of the person,.

I adore these dreams and never want to wake up when I am dreaming them.

Are my thought patterns just so unique that my brain develops unique dreams?

AQ: 36

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

Every dream is unique to the dreamer having the dream, as each dreamer is unique. But what you describe does not sound like anything unusual for dream state to me.

Lost_in_Reverie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2012, 6:38 pm

Dreams are an interesting creature, for they do indeed project themselves uniquely to the individual. Many a times people express that they lack true vividness to their dreams, but this is merely due to their lack of ability, or for better terms: desire, to remember them. Because you have an intrinsic interest in your dreams, your brain is much more apt to remember them. The better you remember them-- the more vivid they become.

Most people see dreams as streams of random information because they only remembers parts of them-- and as they are only parts of the dream, they lack the overall plot or purpose behind them.

Yes, dreams tend to reflect, or at least include, interests and common thoughts or worries we experience in daily life. Thinking about unusual thoughts or having unusual interests from your average layman would indeed cause a difference in the types of dreams experienced, but only to a certain degree.

If you are interested in having the most vivid and awesome dreams ever imagined, you should do some research on lucid dreaming. I can speak from personal experience that they are freakin' amazing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 6:10 am

there is already a totally excellent thread about this subject (clicky!)HERE!

Lynners
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2012, 2:33 am

My dreams are the same way.

This may be interesting to you. I also have this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexithymia