Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 12:41 am

I am generally hungry after I finish dinner. I don't ask for more food if my grandparents are done. I was probably the slowest eater out of who I usually sat with at school
On google all I can find is -you should eat slow- which is so you will be at a healthy weight... I am too skinny

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 1:12 am

I eat faster than anyone I know. I'm already done eating by the time everyone else gets started.
Of course, usually I get lighter fare because eating out as a vegan usually means rabbit food.
But really, it's always like that. I'll end up ordering something else just so I don't have to sit there and drink water while they eat.
I've always been overweight, so it might have some correlation, as you said.

to his Interest."

conan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 8:11 am

if you are hungry after finishing then it is because you are not eating enough. chances are at your age you may need to eat almost twice as much as your grandparents. certainly a fair bit more at least.

eating slow is good fo many reasons. one being that your body has time to release the I'm full signal before you stuff too much in. this does not seem to be your problem and i think it's generally regarded to be an effective system in most average weight people

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 8:14 am

To be honest, it would be an utter godsend if that was the case! I eat much, much too fast, to the point where I actually end up being sick (due to having a lap band).

Are you fat? If you're in casual company you could always make up a white lie and say that you have one of those, just so you won't have to put up with other people's questions.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

If I am very hungry I tend to eat really fast, but if I am only moderately hungry I eat slowly. I can be very picky so maybe that's why.

CosTransform
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

Being slow to eat is only a problem if you have a deadline to watch out for. As for health it's perfect!

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 8:16 am

My ex used to tell me I ate really slowly. Not just that but also that even when I ate something I said I enjoyed it looked like someone had a gun to my head. But now I think I eat faster than my current gf so I guess it's all relative.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 9:16 pm

yes,I am very slow eater.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 11:18 am

My brother and I are complete opposite growing up. I ate about three times faster than him. I also tend to eat like a duck (without chewing) and even an emergency room scare hasn't been able to slow me down much. I guess it has to do with how much I was bullied, as if it's a "better enjoy this before I can't" mentality is so deeply ingrained.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

I am often told I am very slow while eating :lol:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm

I eat fast. Think Takeru Kobayashi (competitive eater) here.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."