Valentine's Day... NOT AGAIN.

Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 7:16 am

deleted

Last edited by The-Raven on 15 Feb 2012, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 7:19 am

I suppose VD is not a day for loners and/or misfits like myself.
But at least I'm not in High School anymore. On VD the prefects would go to each class handing the gifts that were sent to the school from outside. They then announce it in front of the whole class, as to who got something. I of course got nothing and it never really help my self esteem issues.

it's just a way for people to push consumerism and make money off us anyway :P

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 8:14 am

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
@ WhiteWidow: It also pisses me off when some random girl is already taken, has kids, or both. WHY THE f**k DO THEY ALWAYS LEAD ME ON THIS WAY? I WANT REVENGE ON THEM FOR IT! AND WHY DOES NEARLY EVERYONE I KNOW HAVE TO BE IN RELATIONSHIPS WHEN I NEED IT MORE THAN THEY DO? DO I HAVE TO KILL THEM FOR IT? DO I HAVE TO ELIMINATE ALL COMPETITION?

WTF dude???? You want to kill people and get revenge on them for having a relationship??? You want to get revenge on me and my husband for being married 25 years and having kids? You want revenge on my 18 yo daughter because she's engaged? You can trust me on this one, with that kind of attitude you won't find anybody to be in any relationship with except eventually a cellie if you end up losing it and actually hurting people for no reason except that they are happier than you.

How do women lead you on? By being in public when they have a relationship, or aren't interested in having one with you?

Seriously, get some therapy.

Teens who get engaged should be shot. 18 is far too f***ing young!

Too young because you truly believe 18 is too young to be engaged (even though they have been dating for 3 years)
or too young because you werent engaged at 18 and want to begrudge others any happiness that you haven't had, and aren't likely to get as long as you have this horrible, bitter attitude?

People who want to shoot others for happiness should be locked in a room with padded walls and heavily medicated.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 2:12 pm

Valentine's Day sucks IMO. Even when I'm with someone, I don't see the need for a day designated for 'showing how much you care' as I believe if you really cared you'd do that anyway.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

18 really is too young to be engaged, OliveOilMom. Why the f**k would anyone even get engaged at such a young age? It needs to be banned outright!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
18 really is too young to be engaged, OliveOilMom. Why the f**k would anyone even get engaged at such a young age? It needs to be banned outright!

Newsflash: In Scotland people can marry from 16 onwards.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

All our holidays and a lot of the traditions were created by someone to either make money or to manipulate and control.

Easter? Bunnies and eggs? Sounds like a fertility thing, yes? That's because it is. Christians adopted a pagan fertility holiday so more people would accept their new religion.

X-mas? Same. Winter solstice was a holiday associated with pagan god Mithras. What better way to get people to convert than to let them keep their holiday!

Diamond engagement rings? That particular tradition was invented in early 1900s by DeBeers family. They realized there were many diamonds in private hands, and pretty soon people would be selling them used for pennies. With so many more diamonds underground to dig up and sell for a premium! So they made a diamond into a family heirloom then people wouldn't sell them and DeBeers would have an infinite market to sell new diamonds to. Evil and brilliant at the same time.

I could continue but I think you got the picture.

It is all about power and money.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 4:59 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:

My my... aren't we judgmental?

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

Quote:
My my... aren't we jealous?

There. Fixed. ;)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 8:17 pm

:lol:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:

Well, he's been her bf since she was 13, and then they started dating, they have been together now for five years and rarely fight, have a great relatonship and are respectful of each other and love each other. He's been living here with her in her little attached apartment for a year. They are going to get married so therefore they are engaged. They plan to wait until they are out of college though, so it's a long engagement. She is graduating high school this year, (honor student, winner of the character award, Miss FBLA, Anchor Club, office aid, library aid, Whose Who of American High School Students) and they are going to get an apartment sometimes this summer. It will be at least two years before they get married, but what in the world is wrong with getting engaged? Especially if you find your perfect match?

They got engaged when he took her on vacation this summer. He took her on a cruise to Jamaica, The Cayman Islands and Mexico. That's the best date ever! When I was 17 the best date I had was a movie, McDonalds, and the mall! So, they got engaged on a cruise. What exactly is wrong with that?

Is it because you are single?

I bet it is.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 7:51 am

The concept that young people are too immature to have serious relationships is a fairly new one. Even as recently as 2-3 generations ago people were commonly getting married in their teens and starting families prior to 20 years old. They still carry the practice of marrying "young" in many other countries outside the Western world.

The idea that it has to be the way Western society currently views it and everything else is stupid is pretty narrow-minded.

Nothing is absolute.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 8:01 am

There is no "right age" to get married.

It always depends on the people.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 10:39 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:

Well, he's been her bf since she was 13, and then they started dating, they have been together now for five years and rarely fight, have a great relatonship and are respectful of each other and love each other. He's been living here with her in her little attached apartment for a year. They are going to get married so therefore they are engaged. They plan to wait until they are out of college though, so it's a long engagement. She is graduating high school this year, (honor student, winner of the character award, Miss FBLA, Anchor Club, office aid, library aid, Whose Who of American High School Students) and they are going to get an apartment sometimes this summer. It will be at least two years before they get married, but what in the world is wrong with getting engaged? Especially if you find your perfect match?

They got engaged when he took her on vacation this summer. He took her on a cruise to Jamaica, The Cayman Islands and Mexico. That's the best date ever! When I was 17 the best date I had was a movie, McDonalds, and the mall! So, they got engaged on a cruise. What exactly is wrong with that?

I bet it is.

I just have one question... how do these people find each other? I asked a girl out at age 14, and was summarily rejected. I used to be a happy guy with great self-esteem... but I was rejected. I could be living that life you mention... but I was rejected. I thought I was good enough to be a human being... but I was rejected.

And no, nothing has changed since then. I'm still a sub-human piece of s**t...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:

I bet it is.

I just have one question... how do these people find each other? I asked a girl out at age 14, and was summarily rejected. I used to be a happy guy with great self-esteem... but I was rejected. I could be living that life you mention... but I was rejected. I thought I was good enough to be a human being... but I was rejected.

And no, nothing has changed since then. I'm still a sub-human piece of sh**...

They met because he was a friend of my older son. He's 3 1/2 years older than her, but that's about right for teenagers. He started coming over and hanging out with my son when he was 15. Of course back then she was a little 11 yo annoying kid and they didn't let her hang around. When she was close to 13 she was much more mature and started hanging around with my older son playing video games and watching movies etc in his room with his friends. He had the attached apartment then. It's got a living area, sleeping area, bathroom, walk in closet and it's own entrance from outside, but it's also got a door coming into the laundry room. It was originally a two car garage. When she was about 13 or so they started talking and they were a "couple" then they started going on dates, etc. He's a genuinely nice boy, and we had no problem with that. So, thats how they met. He was her first bf and she was his first real gf.

Most people aren't that lucky. Lots of people get turned down. It happens. Once, twice, even a few dozen times doesn't mean that you will never find somebody. I dated a good bit back when I was single, but I also got turned down a good bit too. You have to keep trying. Don't go into a relationship as if this is your one chance at finding the right person. Don't even think that far ahead. Take it as it comes. Keep trying. It eventually happens.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:

And no, nothing has changed since then. I'm still a sub-human piece of sh**...

Oh, Toady... one rejection does not reflect badly on you. It reflects badly on them for spurning you.
A hundred rejections, now - that might suggest you're doing something wrong.

I can tell you that going into dating feeling you're not worth it will guarantee failure. Women can sense things like that with their witchy powers. The guidos that go in thinking they're fantastic, however, are frequently successful for the same reason. Their self-belief scrambles the psychic radar. Learn to love yourself, even if it feels like BS (it will at first). The weird thing is that it gets easier over time. You really DO start to love yourself.