Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2012, 9:54 pm

It's strange because just before she died I had noticed in one of her movies how she didn't blend in and stood apart from the group and something about her demeanor resonated with me. Then when I watched the funeral someone mentioned an incident that happened early in her life and she wasn't expected to speak much less go on to sing the way she did. Then they were talking about what kind of person she was growing up where she was very quiet and again so many things resonated with the things she did. I have to wonder if there was a brain injury of some sort which is typical of issues concerning speech and wonder if her accentuated talent was a savant characteristic. I think the drug addiction could also play a role in the pain experienced with not fitting in or not having the communication skills that she may have perhaps experienced that others have. It's a difficult and painful handicap and I really think there was something going on there based on what I have since seen and heard about her.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Can't say I am even familiar with her music...it is sad when people die, but at the same time I am sure she had some enjoyment of life and everyone dies someday. I guess I don't typically get super emotional about deaths of people I've never met, then I did not get very sad about my great grandma either....didn't know her too well though.

Geez - - I can't believe that Whitney Houston's stuff is now old people's music!
And yes, I'm one of those old people familiar with her music!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I listen to old people's music all the time......but I can't be familiar with every artist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 10:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Can't say I am even familiar with her music...it is sad when people die, but at the same time I am sure she had some enjoyment of life and everyone dies someday. I guess I don't typically get super emotional about deaths of people I've never met, then I did not get very sad about my great grandma either....didn't know her too well though.

Geez - - I can't believe that Whitney Houston's stuff is now old people's music!
And yes, I'm one of those old people familiar with her music!

I listen to old people's music all the time......but I can't be familiar with every artist.

Fair enough. :lol: