Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2012, 5:28 am

I would just like an outside opinion.

I have names for all my personalities, I have Morning Self: He is always mad at Nighttime Self for always going to bed at 3 AM, he regrets every step he's ever took in his life, & does not enjoy contact whatsoever. Depressed, frustrated.

Nighttime Self: Hates Morning Self because that means he has to go to be earlier, irritable yet extremely sensitive, very sad and depressed.

Blue: Blue is a big one, Blue is the one who deals with all my disorders and he's the one that contemplates life and tries and tries to reach Self-Actualization. Blue is the fighter, very stubborn, he is in charge of the body and the mind, he makes the critical decisions. I don't know if I could say it all, I just greatly respect Blue, he is the longest lasting personality, the strongest and most durable, he has made me what I am today. Blue is chronically depressed, insightful, accepting, patient, and he is also a Super Sensitive.

The Shell: This guy is new, Blue left for a while, I needed to focus on school and get that sorted out and so Blue went somewhere but for some reason he is not fully coming back now, when he came back I became weary like I've just fought some sort of battle and I just wanted to rest. Anyways The Shell came clear when Blue left, this guy is sort of ignorantly blissful, he cannot find anything to fight about or be upset about. He is kind to people, accepting, always smiling. Bad thing about this guy is that he is not very insightful, pretty much anything that Blue is, The Shell is not.

The Narrator: I speak for all of me. HI!! ! :3 My only purpose is to find out all about me and then do the best I can to express it :D

Could anyone tell me what's going on here, other than pathetic punctuation?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 5:59 am

Are you self-diagnosed with BPD? I must say that if so, you might want to look into DID/MPD before you decide.

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2012, 6:35 am

Sorry, what?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 6:36 am

Rax wrote:
Sorry, what?

Who were you replying to?

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 7:41 am

BPD- boarderline personality disorder - (something I incorrectly self-diagnosed as having before I knew about AS and Complex PTSD, which I do have) is a disorder characterized by several things: A relentless feeling of inner emptiness and overwhealming desire NOT to be alone. BPDs NEED to be around other people in order to feel like they exist. They then do a lot of stirring up emotional termoil with others to get attention and escape their feelings of worthlessness. They alternate between thinking very highly of others, then switching suddenly to hating and resenting the same person, with no middle ground. Called "black and white" thinking. PTSD can have this symptom also along with rapid mood swings, which is what caused me to incorrectly think I had BPD. Happily a good therapist helped me clarify it. Some BPDs can become stalkers and serious ones wreak emotional havoc with people who they are close to.

What you describe is more like "dissosiative disorder" where the mind has distinct personalities that take over at different times. Except your personalities seem to be aware of one another and so are integrated, which is not the case with severe DD. Someone like that may not remember the alternate personalities.

You also may just be a creative thinker who has named your different mood states and given them personalities. I suggest finding a good psychologist to help you sort it out, especially if you are distressed by the switches in personality you have or if they are causing problems with others.

Plingkoking
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

You just sound like you're creative OP.

Liandre
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2012, 2:32 am

My Mom has it. Lots of drama, chaos. She raged a lot at us kids. I have it too, not as bad as my Mom's, but mine is more anger-turned-inward than anger-turned-outward like my Moms. Fortunately for the entire family it gets better with age. She is 73 and almost never freaks, and if she does, well, we have chocolate. ~~~Liandre

Liandre
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2012, 2:34 am

My Mom has it. Lots of drama, chaos. She raged a lot at us kids. I have it too, not as bad as my Mom's, but mine is more anger-turned-inward than anger-turned-outward like my Moms. Fortunately for the entire family it gets better with age. She is 73 and almost never freaks, and if she does, well, we have chocolate. ~~~Liandre