I need some advice regarding going to a sporting event

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

I am going to be going to an arena with 12,000 people and am not sure if my sensitivity to noises and bright lights will make me able to handle this...am I overreacting or should I just take my headphones and earplugs?

I want to try a new life experience but am not sure about my ability to tolerate this situation. Hopefully this isn't true :(

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2012, 11:19 pm

If it were me, I would absolutely bring it as a backup. I would make an attempt to enjoy the full experience but bring what I cant to be prepared if I do in fact feel overwhelmed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 12:23 am

I agree with Nerdymama.

llama123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2012, 1:43 am

i agree as well. For me i find now days i'm not so sensitive (except when i'm tired) to loud noises and lights as i was when i was younger and good on you for trying something new i hope i goes well :D

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

I found it a worthwhile choice. It was fun and the noise wasn't too bad. I did get annoyed about halfway through but found ear plugs helped greatly.

Definitely left me drained though, shouldn't happen often.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Tom_NUFC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2012, 7:46 pm

I've been going to watch Newcastle United since 1985 when I was 6, and in all that time I've never once been bothered by the noise or size of the crowd in a stadium with a current capacity just short of 53,000.

In fact, I have always found it a great comfort and until my Aspergers discovery, the only way that I could express love and the only way I could cconnect with people. It has been my only sense of belonging.

But everyone is different, and I realise that that sort if experience is difficult for many Aspergians.