Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 9:30 am

i know no one would listen to me anyway because no one here likes me anyway.JRC is just one of many behavior schools in mass.saying closing them would over flow the system is like saying drying one lake would flood every river in a state.sometimes i dont know why i even bother to post here anymore.who else on this forum grew up in massachusetts

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

Neurodiversity, Neurotypical, Aspie. I find these words funny for some reason. :lol:

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 6:20 pm

ProfumoAffair wrote:
aghogday wrote:
ProfumoAffair wrote:
aghogday wrote:
These children have already been refused admission in the state of Massachussetts, by other facilities, and have been released by other programs, that could not accommodate the children's problems. That is an evidenced fact. The state does not have control over whether or not private facilities accept these children, with these type of behaviors.

If the JRC closes down, the state needs to ensure the welfare of these children. And there needs to be a facility established somewhere in the US, that will take in cases like these, that occur in the future. Hopefully these issues will be adressed. As of right now they are issues that no one has reported solutions for in the press.

If there were other options now, it is possible that the JRC would not receive the admissions they receive now, because it is a last resort, for some of these children.

This seems to be speculation. What is an evidenced fact? Can you prove that this is true?
I don't think you have produced any sort of evidence showing that these people could not be put elsewhere. You seem to keep trying to say that they are somehow the most dangerous when in fact the case is that they may very well not be, but that simply their parents knew about the Judge Rotenberg Centre.

You seem to think that saying there is proof is somehow proof in of itself. Can you produce actual evidence rather than say it is 'evidenced'?

As evidenced in the source I provided on the thread specific to this topic, self injurious behavior includes gouging one's eyes, and biting one's body parts off. Perhaps we can come up with more dangerous examples, but I don't see it serving any useful purpose.

There is a problem for anyone with mental health conditions to be placed in Massachussetts, per recent budget cuts, and policies within institutions, as evidenced in my last post. It is obviously going to be even more of a problem, with those that have these serious issues.

And as I stated, in the last post, it may be part of why the JRC is staying open, even after abuses were evidenced. The state may have no alternatives for these children, at this point in time.

As evidenced seems to be a phrase that you use to mean that you say something rather than provide a reliable source. Why is that? Can you actually back up how massachussets budget cuts are affecting the JRC?
Why is it that you try to defend the barbaric practices of the JRC due to budget cuts even though it would probably be cheaper not to use a system that uses electrical torture?
Can you actually explain how such injurous self-directed behaviour still justifies the facility staying open even after it has killed multiple people? It doesn't take much thought to know that biting one's own flesh on occasion when let out of restriction is far more preferable to being barbecued alive by electric shock 'therapy'.

This is all addressed on the other thread focused on this topic.