City of Angels: What did you like best?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

drex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

In the movie CITY OF ANGELS, Nicolas Cage's angel character asks a recently deceased little girl what she liked best (about life) and her response was "pajamas." What would your answer be about what you liked best in your life? Mine would be cats and books. I will be interested in reading your responses.....thanks for your postings and being so nice....DARREN :D :D

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

studying geology, biology and evolution
chocolate ice-cream

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

My kids. Feeling that kind of love for someone is amazing.

You might want to reword your subject line though. I thought it was a thread about the movie at first. Maybe take out the "City of Angels" part and just leave that in the post.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

<<Moved, from general autism discussion, by member of moderating team. >>

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 3:28 am

My wife and my little girl, my obsession with history, and learning that I have Asperger's (which was a great relief, after a life time of being regarded alternately as a super brain, and mentally slow).

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 3:30 am

My mom and my imagination.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 3:47 am

I loved it in the cinema. The plot, I guess, and some of the scenes. Soundtrack is also cool.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 4:11 am

Bun wrote:
I loved it in the cinema. The plot, I guess, and some of the scenes. Soundtrack is also cool.

Ever see the original German version. I watched it back in my college years.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 4:26 am

No. What is the german title?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 4:36 am

Bun wrote:

Same as the American version - City Of Angels.

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Bun wrote:

Actually, the original film is known as Wings of Desire in English speaking countries, and its original title is Der Himmel über Berlin (The Sky Over Berlin).

The original film is very poetic and philosophical...beautifully made, but not one of my favorites. I much prefer the American remake, City of Angels. While that's not typically the case with me (I nearly always prefer original films over remakes), the original film's plot didn't make logical sense to me. Like the remake, it's about an angel who is fascinated by people, and longs to become one. In the remake, I can definitely understand why an angel would want to become human. However, in Wings of Desire, the humans have the most banal thoughts and lives...why would an angel ever want that?

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 8:05 pm

fragileclover wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Bun wrote:

Actually, the original film is known as Wings of Desire in English speaking countries, and its original title is Der Himmel über Berlin (The Sky Over Berlin).

The original film is very poetic and philosophical...beautifully made, but not one of my favorites. I much prefer the American remake, City of Angels. While that's not typically the case with me (I nearly always prefer original films over remakes), the original film's plot didn't make logical sense to me. Like the remake, it's about an angel who is fascinated by people, and longs to become one. In the remake, I can definitely understand why an angel would want to become human. However, in Wings of Desire, the humans have the most banal thoughts and lives...why would an angel ever want that?

Arrggghh... That's right, Wings Of Desire! I ought to have remembered that! Well, the first and only time I ever saw the movie was back in college, for a writing for the screen class, which was almost twenty years ago! I think I have the right to have a faulty memory! :lol:

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2012, 10:44 pm

I haven't seen City of Angels, but I vaguely remember suffering through Wings of Desire years ago. (It was a favorite of my then-girlfriend.) Wasn't Peter "Columbo" Falk in that? And Nick Cave too? What a pairing. I think a buddy-cop movie with those two would have been a lot more fun. :P

Oh yeah, in answer to the question: Books and live theater. But pajamas are excellent as well.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 2:03 am

Ookla wrote:
I haven't seen City of Angels, but I vaguely remember suffering through Wings of Desire years ago. (It was a favorite of my then-girlfriend.) Wasn't Peter "Columbo" Falk in that? And Nick Cave too? What a pairing. I think a buddy-cop movie with those two would have been a lot more fun. :P

Oh yeah, in answer to the question: Books and live theater. But pajamas are excellent as well.

Yep, Peter Falk was actually an angel, himself.