Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

rabbittss wrote:
Sorry, no, If they have nothing interesting to say then that is their problem. The internet is awash with interesting things to learn and talk about. They simply choose to allow TMZ and MTV to dictate what they talk about.

With all due respect that just makes you sound arrogant & narrow minded, there's no law saying their interests have to be the same as yours. Why should they listen to you talk about your interests if you won't take the time to listen to theirs, it doesn't work both ways.

Mind you saying that women can be just as bad on occasion.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

Last edited by Daemonic-Jackal on 20 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Not at all.

You don't have to talk to them. What I was trying to say is you seem to think it's everyone else's fault but your own.

Well it has to be some one's fault, and if I accept your hypothesis that it's my fault then the only solution is that I have to completely stop being who I am and be some one totally different. Maybe you didn't mean it exactly that way. But I'm looking for something that enriches and validates my life, not shows it to have been a complete waste.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

rabbittss wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Not at all.

You don't have to talk to them. What I was trying to say is you seem to think it's everyone else's fault but your own.

Well it has to be some one's fault, and if I accept your hypothesis that it's my fault then the only solution is that I have to completely stop being who I am and be some one totally different. Maybe you didn't mean it exactly that way. But I'm looking for something that enriches and validates my life, not shows it to have been a complete waste.

Meet them halfway.

The world is never going to completely bend to your needs. Nor should you completely bend to theirs.

If you don't bother to meet people half way you're going to lead a lonely life.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

Daemonic-Jackal wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Sorry, no, If they have nothing interesting to say then that is their problem. The internet is awash with interesting things to learn and talk about. They simply choose to allow TMZ and MTV to dictate what they talk about.

With all due respect that just makes you sound arrogant & narrow minded, there's no law saying their interests have to be the same as yours. Why should they listen to you talk about your interests if you won't take the time to listen to theirs, it doesn't work both ways.

Mind you saying that women can be just as bad on occasion.

No there is no law stating it. That would be silly. But you are assuming I expect them to listen to me prattle on about something they care nothing about when that simply isn't true.

resonate
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2012, 6:03 pm

1814 wrote:
All the girls in my class keep saying how much they love and how incredibly hot Justin Bieber and One Direction are, and because the can't 'get' them, they are all interested in the boys (2 or 3) who look like them.
No girl ever shows any interest in me, even though I keep getting A and B+ grades, I know more about more than everyone else in my class, and I certainly don't see my self as ugly.

Do you have any tips that can help a guy like me hook up with a hot girl?

Don't look for hot girls in your class. The chicks you mention all sound like sheeple anyhow. Go to a meetup for some special interests you have and find chicks there. You will have a common ground for conversation right off the bat and I bet they would be more interesting to you. Overall, if a chick ignores you for some fool just because he looks like Justin Bieber, she is NOT worth your time and she is loosing out.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

rabbittss wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Not at all.

Well it has to be some one's fault

No it doesn't.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I