no, not really 34%  34%  [ 15 ]
somewhat 25%  25%  [ 11 ]
yes, definatly 41%  41%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 44

Sixela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2006, 3:29 pm

I like some of them. A good plot is a must, I don't really like the ones made to show pointless gore and teenage lust, those are a stupid waste of my time, unless they remind me of the 80s, I love everything 80s (reminds me of my childhood). I'd like to name some of the ones I really like, but I'm so horrible with titles I can't remember any of them right now. People were mentioning Saw, which I thought was okay, but frustrating for me to watch because I had it (and the sequel) figured out before they were halfway over. But they were a lot less obvious than some of the other crappy movies out there horror or not. I'll try to remember some of my favs....

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 8:07 pm

alex wrote:
Anyone here seen the horror movie with the guy who kills people with his camera tripod and videotapes it?

Whoa... whoa, whoa... whoa!

HOW does he videotape himself killing his victims WITH his tripod if he has to be IN FRONT of the camera WITH said tripod? WHAT'S HOLDING THE CAMERA???

Sounds like it's a ghost story, too!

:wink:

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 8:09 pm

Oh.

I just finished reading the thread.

Cheers, werbert you beat me to that one... :lol:

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 8:18 pm

I like some of them, usually when I'm in the mood for one. The other thing is that there has to be more of a plot than some monster/psycho killing people.

cyrus1874
Raven
Raven

27 Oct 2006, 8:34 pm

I can't stand horror movies. I definently do not like to be frieghtend. CVlosest thing to a horror flim I liked was Jurassic Park.

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 8:42 pm

sure why not

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 9:23 pm

it depends on how realistic the horror is and how terrifying the movie is. The Teletubbies(show) made me curl up in ball and beg for mercy, that show was so freaky...that sun 8O ...ahem, right sorry :). The end of Jeepers Creepers freaked me out. Friday the 13th made me laugh,Saw wasn't really horror, but i enjoyed it. Halloween was...okay? yeah, that sounds good. I love ANOES because Freddie Crueger is an awesome villain but the movie still scared me slightly. It the movie made me fall asleep(literally).

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

ed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2006, 6:47 am

"Horror" movies - nowadays these are mostly just "slasher" films - more disgusting than horrifying. Once upon a time there were real horror movies, like "Psycho" and "The Birds".

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2006, 8:48 am

I like atmospheric horror films, like Blair Witch - I loved that film :)
The old Hammer horrors are great too, vampires and all that. Brilliant stuff.

I can't watch the cut people to bits with power tools ones - too gruesome!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2006, 12:28 pm

ed wrote:
"Horror" movies - nowadays these are mostly just "slasher" films - more disgusting than horrifying. Once upon a time there were real horror movies, like "Psycho" and "The Birds".

i've been wanting to see psycho so badly...it hardly comes on tv! why don't they ever show the classics on tv?

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2006, 10:19 pm

I like movies but there are some i have to avoid as i have sleep issues. I watched the ring and even now i have nightmares, but thats probably cause theres a tv in my room and i'm scared someone will come out of it.
I don't mind slashers as sometimes your in the mood for something gory and brainless.

A great, though not particularly scary, horror is dog soldiers, the relationship between the characters is good.
One that's a classic, though i'm not certain is a horror, is "The Blob", it's Steve McQueens first film and was made in the 1950s and has warnings about global warming, so politicians can't deny they didn't know it would happen.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 1:19 pm

MelancholyBunny wrote:
One that's a classic, though i'm not certain is a horror, is "The Blob"

When "The Blob" came out it was definitely considered a horror movie. Somewhere along the line people started differentiating between "horror" and "sci-fi" movies, as horror movies became mostly slasher films. But originally the line was placed differently. "The Blob" was considered a horror movie, because the people in the movie were attacked by the monster. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was sci-fi, though it's ads tried to picture it as horror.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 1:27 pm

Somewhat. I like horror movies that have a strong storyline and inclination toward making sense. Movies just for the sake of blood and guts, are not very entertaining for me.

The Nightmare on Elm Street series actually has a perfect villain, a strong plot, and I find them to be adequate movies to watch around this time of year.

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2006, 11:54 pm

I'm in the middle of watching the NOES series. ordered them online, new one each week. I suppose that's why i posted this thread. there is a huge difference between genres. horror/thriller/slasher/erotica then there are sci-fi/fantasy some of these tend to blur the lines. generally though, current horror movies lack the same kind of plot development from the original ones, its almost like more budget less story or the opposite is true.

i'm itching to watch the shining or the omen right about now.
carrie would be a good remake if they could get someone decent to play her.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 11:56 pm

oooh...the shining... that movie made me realize how crazy people can become when they're absolutely,completely bored and alone.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2006, 6:39 am

"The Shining"...
Everybody loves the Jack Nicholson version, except me. It wasn't true to the book at all, even Stephen King thought so. There was a TV miniseries that came out much later that is more faithful to the original story. That is the version I prefer.