Might be spending the night with GF...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

KevLibraryGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2012, 11:47 pm

So my girlfriend has invited me to accompany her to a friend's birthday party. Given that the party is fairly late at night, she's suggested that I could spend the night at her place, and I've accepted.

Please bear in mind that I've only been going out with her for roughly three and a half months, and I'm still a virgin. As you can imagine, I'm feeling kind of apprehensive about this. It's not that I'm not a little excited by the prospect, but all the same I feel nervous, and I'm not quite sure why. Anyone have any advice to give on...well, why I might be so nervous, or how to make the most of this night (without possibly negatively impacting my relationship with her, that is)?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2012, 12:40 am

KevLibraryGuy wrote:
So my girlfriend has invited me to accompany her to a friend's birthday party. Given that the party is fairly late at night, she's suggested that I could spend the night at her place, and I've accepted.

Please bear in mind that I've only been going out with her for roughly three and a half months, and I'm still a virgin. As you can imagine, I'm feeling kind of apprehensive about this. It's not that I'm not a little excited by the prospect, but all the same I feel nervous, and I'm not quite sure why. Anyone have any advice to give on...well, why I might be so nervous, or how to make the most of this night (without possibly negatively impacting my relationship with her, that is)?

I would suggest that you focus on the party & try to avoid worrying about what may happen after. After the party when your at her place you can try & kind of play things out. Just because she invited you to stay over does not automatically mean she is expecting or wanting to have sex; let her make the 1st move & then you could maybe tell her how your a virgin; have a little discussion about it & take things from there

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 4:34 am

+1 for the KLG
I think that to be honest you have to take things at your own pace. Try explaining that you are inexperienced rather than a virgin, it's likely that it may be mocked at the party so talk when you are back at hers.
Don't assume she does want to have sex just because you are sleeping at her place, it could just be a kind offer.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 4:59 am

Use the term inexperienced instead of virgin.

After you have sex with her it won't matter anymore because you would no longer be a virgin ;p

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:39 am

I'd say you two will be having sex.
My advice is don't get too drunk!

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 8:27 am

You've been going out 3 months with no action I think she's already aware that your inexperienced. Nothings wrong with being prepared so pick up some protection. I agree with not getting too drunk, unless you don't care how it goes down.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

As far as advice or an explanation on why you might be nervous, I think it's just that you're human. Most people would be a little nervous in this type of situation. Even though it probably sounds impossible, I think the advice to try not to worry too much and just follow her lead is the best thing to do, provided you like this girl and are comfortable with the idea of sleeping with her.

For what it's worth, I agree you should be prepared with protection and doubt many women would ask someone they've been seeing for a few months to spend the night at their place without realizing they were sending a message. I mean, if it's not really "her place," per se, and she still lives with her parents, then it might be presumed you'll be sleeping on the couch or something. Otherwise, I think she realized signals she was giving you and is at least open to seeing where things might lead.

And, even if it doesn't go as well as you might want, it's not the end of the world. If you guys really care about each other and are meant to stay together, an awkward first time should not be a deal-breaker. And, if for some reason things don't work out between the two of you later on, you'll have gained some experience for the next time.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 10:34 am

Make sure you have condoms. Don't drink too much. Good luck.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Use the term inexperienced instead of virgin.

Is that not agreeing to what I posted just before you, just worded differently?

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

KevLibraryGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2012, 2:09 pm

@Blueroses: I think you actually have the right of it. She still lives at home, and she hasn't hinted at anything other than just me staying over the night.

All the same, thank you all for your input. I will try to bring protection, but in turn, I'll be keeping in mind that I don't want to rush anything. She knows I'm inexperienced, so I think she'll be very understanding on the matter.