Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:02 am

Everybody has them, but let's share some of your stories.

I've had loads of embarrassing moments, but one of them I remember was when I was 13, I was waiting for my cousin on the way to school, and a car drew up near me and stopped, and it looked just like my cousin's mum's car; same colour and make, and the driver looked like her, so, feeling confused that she had drew up in her car when right outside her house on a school morning, I opened the door and sat on the backseat and shut the door and started to get comfortable - only to realise the woman in the driver's seat was saying, ''you're in the wrong car.'' She was jolly and friendly, but I felt embarrassed, so I said, ''oh, sorry'', and dived back out again. I felt really annoyed with myself and embarrassed after that. Trust a car that happened to look exactly like my cousin's mum's car to draw up like that when I'm waiting for my cousin! Of all the cars, of all the days, of all the places!

Anyway, that's my embarrassing story. Anyone got any more to share?

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:18 am

I went out to dinner with some important senior senior big cheese funders to my research group. I'm the head of the group. I'm a serious grown-up. The sober posh dinner in this posh restaurant was about trying to create a good impression for my group.

I'd been watching the telly the night before and had been enjoying necking wine from the bottle. At the restaurant I rather let my guard down - in a relaxed moment I leaned over the table picked up the £30 bottle wine and I necked it straight from the bottle< I had no idea I was doing it. Their jaws plumeted.
I just acted like it was nothing. You can't polish a turd.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

Ok, so this was a few years ago in high school, shortly after I transferred into a new school. People were sort of aware that I was crazy but most had no idea why(or why asking "why" was a stupid thing to do) So one girl, who is now still a good friend, took it upon herself to rid me of these silly habits and attack hugged me. I started hyperventilating and passed out within the first week of starting a new school which, believe me, set the tone for the next 4 years.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:40 pm

There was this one time that I posted an embarrassing moment on an internet forum....

It was really embarrassing.

I'll never do that again.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 6:31 pm

In my first day at a new job I said Goodnight to everyone in the office,then walked into a storage cupboard by mistake.

A similar car incident happened with me,Joe 90,although I didn't get as far as sitting in the back of the car,just running up to it when it
stopped (to pick up someone behind me I discovered)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

One time at a bank, I thought that there was a mirror on a door and started picking at my face in front of it. When I got closer, I realized that it wasn't a mirror but a window, and the women who were working behind it had all stopped to laugh at me. :oops:

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

I was working at a liquor store and on a slow night I stepped outside to have a cigarette out front. A car pulled up while I was standing there and the man in the car asked if I was working. Since I was working and just having a smoke break I replied that I was. Then he asked me "how much?" I thought it was one of those jokes like "working hard or hardly working" so I replied "not much". He just sat there and stared at me for a bit and then drove away. It wasnt't until I told my coworkers about my encounter that I found out that he thought I was a hooker. Yes, embarrassed I was. I wonder how much I could have made?

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 1:55 am

My most embarrassing moment was back when I was a teenager. My mom and I used to frequent a particular Chinese restaurant. All of the seating was booths, which were covered in a bright red leather or vinyl material. Anyway, the place was pretty busy on this particular night, and people had to wait to be seated. After waiting our turn, we were seated and placed our orders. While waiting for our food to arrive, I suddenly had to pass gas. I tried to discreetly and quietly sneak it out. Big mistake. The leather or vinyl seat covering magnified it enough that everyone in there heard it loud and clear. You could have heard a pin drop for a moment, then some people laughed, while others went back to their conversations. I felt like sliding under the table.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 2:48 am

i was waiting for a friend to pick me up from a restaurant. i was waiting outside under a streetlamp in the dark in a downtown area. as i waited i saw a car pull up. the glare from the streetlamp on the windscreen kept me from properly seeing inside, but it looked like my friend's car.

i waved and started to head towards the vehicle. as i got closer, i saw that the driver was shaking his head and making a "no way" gesture with his hands. i realised in that moment that i was standing on a street where uhhhhh ladies of the evening were working and that gentleman thought i was. erm, offering my services. :oops: