my as bf abruptly stopped talking to me! what to do

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Catman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm

mirnta wrote:
well turns out he has actually BLOCKED ME from his phone. now THAT just sounds downright MEAN. and cruel.. all i did was try to make amends. that doesn't sound aspie it just sounds like he's a real dick.. thanks everyone.

Yeah, as long as you weren't stalking him, definitely sounds like a real dick. Adios! On to bigger and better fish! :D

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 12:18 am

Looneytunes wrote:
mirnta wrote:
hi there.. i'm new here. i'm pretty positive my "bf" has as.
tho we have not discussed this.. everything was going great..
then we had a bit of a fight.. via email .. things got misinterpreted
and he has cut off all communication with me. i tried everything to
get him to talk to me again.. i have no idea what to do.. i have given him
space now. its been a week since i've heard from him. Is this a normal
thing for people with as to do?? will he ever talk to me again? i care about
him so much and it hurts terribly that he won't speak to me.
any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Are you FAT?

Are you UGLY?

Are you OLDER then he is?

did you actually read what she wrote? they had a fight, he didn't reject her for her butt size or something.

Alohilani
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2012, 1:20 am

nick007 wrote:
It sounds like an Aspie thing. Aspies tend to be horrible at taking hints(you need to be extremely direct & straightforward with us & expect the same from us) They tend to be a lot more distant & get overwhelmed with closeness & dealing with others strong emotions. They need to retreat & shut-down for a bit in order to recharge. Sometimes they go back to their partner & sometimes they don't.

True that.
Call me jerk but I did the same to my ex bf a few years ago. I just stopped speaking to him and basically ignored him from one day to the next.
I don't know why because he was a real sweet person and I do feel bad about it but I can't change it. We had some arguments at that time mostly because he was caring too much. I felt like he was cornering me constantly asking how I was, what I was doing, that he loved me so much. I cannot take that much affection and I'm also bad at discussing on an emotional level. So stop talking and responding to him was the only way I could think of at that time.
If he ever sent out signs or hints about whatever he was trying to tell me with all that affection and concern, I guess I never understood properly or misinterpreted them totally. Whenever that happens I tend to shut down and hide because I don't know how to discuss with and confront the opposite person. It's a lose-lose situation because no matter what I would still hurt the other person either by being blunt and straightforward or by shutting them out.

mirnta
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2012, 3:09 am

i feel like i'm the same way.. getting freaked when they care too much.
sabotaging things.. thats interesting.. more aspie than i realize i guess?? who knows..

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Feb 2012, 3:19 am

Alohilani wrote:
nick007 wrote:
It sounds like an Aspie thing. Aspies tend to be horrible at taking hints(you need to be extremely direct & straightforward with us & expect the same from us) They tend to be a lot more distant & get overwhelmed with closeness & dealing with others strong emotions. They need to retreat & shut-down for a bit in order to recharge. Sometimes they go back to their partner & sometimes they don't.

True that.
Call me jerk but I did the same to my ex bf a few years ago. I just stopped speaking to him and basically ignored him from one day to the next.
I don't know why because he was a real sweet person and I do feel bad about it but I can't change it. We had some arguments at that time mostly because he was caring too much. I felt like he was cornering me constantly asking how I was, what I was doing, that he loved me so much. I cannot take that much affection and I'm also bad at discussing on an emotional level. So stop talking and responding to him was the only way I could think of at that time.
If he ever sent out signs or hints about whatever he was trying to tell me with all that affection and concern, I guess I never understood properly or misinterpreted them totally. Whenever that happens I tend to shut down and hide because I don't know how to discuss with and confront the opposite person. It's a lose-lose situation because no matter what I would still hurt the other person either by being blunt and straightforward or by shutting them out.

That's kind of what happened with the my Aspie ex girlfriend. Not all Aspies are like that because I'm kind of the opposite way which makes it harder for me to find a partner because I'm not compatible with lots of Aspie women & I have problems with NTs because of being blunt/straightforward & my other Aspie issues . Only advice I can think of rite now for you is to be honest & tell the guy what's going on when you want/need space. My ex lied to me about what was going on a couple times & I was extremely hurt when she latter admitted it after the lies had caused me to worry about something else. Things would of went aLOT better & smoother if she would of just been straight up honest with me about wanting space; I would of gave it to her & not worried.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Alohilani
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2012, 3:30 am

nick007 wrote:
Only advice I can think of rite now for you is to be honest & tell the guy what's going on when you want/need space. My ex lied to me about what was going on a couple times & I was extremely hurt when she latter admitted it after the lies had caused me to worry about something else. Things would of went aLOT better & smoother if she would of just been straight up honest with me about wanting space; I would of gave it to her & not worried.

Oh, too late. We did not continue our relationship back then. Ever since I've got all the space I want because I realised that I'm better off without a relationship.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 9:43 am

Seems like he just wanted your body, not your mind...

mirnta
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

hmm yeah don't think so.. we were very compatible mentally and physically. very in synch.. thats why its such a heartbreak for me..

Looneytunes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

mirnta wrote:
there is nothing wrong with my physically looneytunes nor does that matter..
THAT i am sure of. thanks for all the advice guys boston123 so sorry its happening to you.. thanks for the insight loco467.. believe me i am doing A LOT of soul searching now and figuring myself out etc..

Its been my experience that once people starts having sex - everything changes and it is not always for the best.
I had a girlfriend once who I liked, I didn't love her - but I liked her.
Then she started pressuring me for sex and was treating me and my home like a hotel.
I finally had to break up with her because I didn't want to be around her anymore because she didn't love me - she was just using me for a place to stay - to get away from her father and her divorce.
It wasn't a sincere relationship because she told me to my face that when someone better comes along she was going to leave me, so I told her don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya and made her leave.
That was 11 years ago and I have not dated anyone since...

All that I am saying is that I didn't think I did anything wrong or that I deserved to be treated like that and I permitted myself to be treated like that because I thought she was ok -but once I got to know her I found out she had a lot of issues.

The other side of the coin, if you really wanted to continue a relationship with him, the best thing you could have done was nothing at all. Silence is golden. As long as you did not call him or bother him - his mind would have been working overtime wondering where you were, who you were with and what you were doing. As long as you kept trying to call him, he knew you were home alone and was thinking of him and that he had you right where he wanted you.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 1:41 am

Amelie100 wrote:
I am in a similiar situation - it has been 4 weeks now. I cannot count the number of Emails I have written but never sent, because at the end of the day, I felt it is worthless. Can it ever be a good basis for a relationship, if someone completely quits communication in case of the slightest problem? It will most likely happen again and again.

It hurts like hell not to know what he thinks and why he just disappeared but I guess there is always a good reason for disappearing. Knowing it does not really change the situation.

If I were you, I would send one short message signalling that you are willing to apologize and want to continue. If he does not reply - set him free. As hard as it is.

Those emails wouldn't have gone into a black hole. The communication problem is really only one way. I realize that doesn't make it much easier.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 5:08 am

I've seen posts like this before and I'm getting the impression that a lot of aspie men don't have good control over their emotions. They may care about someone desperately but just not be able to deal with their feelings.

I don't know what to do.

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

Strenia95 wrote:
Dump him, for your your own sake. That's the only advice I can give. I've loved someone with AS for 3 painful years, and he has done this sort of thing all the time. The record was not speaking to me for 4 months. Here is how Aspies work: If they don't know what to do/say--they just do nothing.

I had a horrid six months with my Aspie followed by 8 months of zero contact and then he popped back into my life as if no time had passed at all. Typical disappearing guy/needs space/time stuff. My dude just needed to realize what he was missing to return on his best behavior. He still needs alot of downtime and I respect it even though, as an NT, it's lonely and frustrating for me. For now, he's worth suffering "downtime" for but I might be FINALLY getting "over him" in the next few months (after almost 4 years on/off) and trade him in for a guy that can deal with more togetherness (at least 3 times a week instead of once every 10 days or so). it's just too draining to deal with his moodiness and shut outs. i think it's better to be a platonic friend and not a lover so i don't get so hurt all the time but his lack of ability to stay connected ...his yo/yo-ness.

Most importantly, whether we stay lovers or move on to platonic buddies, we have to learn not to take it personally during "recharge" time. Use that time to nurture and recharge yourself as well. It's hard as hell when you adore someone and miss them.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

This is an odd thread to bump after months

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

Didn't realize how old it was. Perhaps threads should be color coded by age.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 1:50 am

I've read some more posts and it sounds like this happens quite frequently? How can you let yourselves get attached to people who treat you like that? I don't get it. I've never treated anyone like that and I don't have girls who keep chasing me months on end. What is it with people who are attracted to people who aren't attracted to them? Maybe they keep ignoring you guys because they notice they get better results if they do nothing than if they try to talk. There is an exception to this in my life but in general it seems like the more affectionate I am the less affectionate my potential partner.

There was an aspie girl who quit talking to me once and I tried really hard to get her to talk to me when she first dumped me, and she didn't do it, so I just accepted it and moved on. I said some really mean things when we first separated because I was hurt and confused, but I quit messaging her after the 2cd day after the break up and I was back to normal after about 1 month. I don't get how people can let this s**t happen to them over and over again.