Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

celiacheung1985
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2012, 9:10 am

Today, my boss's husband tries to convince me to have sex with him, he keeps asking me to show him my breasts. I keep saying no and he back off. Unfortnately there is no evidence of this incident, there is no witness and I do not know what to do. I am trying to look for another job at the moment. I just want to know whatever it is a common problem for AS or not.

Thanks!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:28 am

Witness or not, report that guy asap. He's a predator, and taking advantage of your social awkwardness. Does your boss have higher ups you could go to?

celiacheung1985
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

No, not really.

Sexual harassment is not considered as a crime in Macao( part of China), which is the place I currently reside at the moment.

Quote from an article from Macao:

Sexual harassment is not named in Macau’s Criminal Code and, therefore, it is very hard to ascertain how many cases are filed in the SAR and what happens if cases like Joan’s go to court.

Read this article, you can see the details!

http://www.macaudailytimes.com.mo/macau ... lence.html

Please, be grateful that you live in a country when this act is a crime. I just want to scream at that!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

You live in Macau? Wow; that's a small place.

Any chance you could move to Hong Kong? It's not so far away, after all, and the standard of living is similar I imagine.

Also: Cecilia Cheung? Good choice. :)

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

Document everything he does and make sure you are never in a room alone with him (if possible). If you have coworkers you can trust, let them know so they can help with this.

Keep on saying no and threaten to tell his wife if he asks again ( though I don't think actually telling your boss is a good idea as she may get jealous and take it out on you.)

questor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

If he bothers you again tell his wife. Ask her to please have a talk with her husband about his being "too friendly".

If he comes up behind you and starts to get too friendly, jab him hard with your elbow or stomp backwards with your foot on one of his, and say, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you." Keep a clip board or something else with an edge handy and jab it into his stomach if he comes at you from in front or the sides, and say "Back off, you are a married man!"

You do also need to look for a job somewhere else, though, because this is not a healthy situation, and creeps like him don't suddenly get cured of being jerks. Do some networking with friends and relatives to find out who might be hiring.

Wind_Drinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2012, 7:20 pm

Agree to have sex with him.

Kneel before him and grasp both of his testicles and pull them rapidly and violently to his ankles. That should take care of any unwanted future advances.

Seriously, report him. Go to your HR Department. If there is no HR Department go to your boss' boss. If you allow it to pass without addressing the issue it will only become worse.

celiacheung1985
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

The sad thing is.....there is only one boss in the company (it is a small one after all!)

Wind_Drinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

If you're in the CONUS, contact the EEOC.

Wherever you are, I would suggest looking for employment elsewhere (but be stealthy about your search).

Feel free to PM for more help.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 1:51 pm

Wind_Drinker wrote:
If you're in the CONUS, contact the EEOC.

Macau is a Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.

celiacheung1985
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

Thanks all. I have resign from the job. I already have another interview. Hopefully I will get it.XD

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 7:05 pm

celiacheung1985 wrote:
Thanks all. I have resign from the job. I already have another interview. Hopefully I will get it.XD

Good luck!