Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:32 am

i have not left the house very (well except too see my friends on the weekend and when i go in my big garden) much in nearly 2 years becasue i am unemployed, mental health issues and not working.

when i do start getting out more and doing a job how hard do you think it will be for me too adapt because i have been in one place for so long? this litterally is hell on earth.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

Seriously, how can anyone know how hard it will be for you? We don't know enough about you to make that call.

There is no way you can know either, until you set your foot out the door, and just go do what you've got to do. I can only say that having been through a year of unemployment in the past, and eventually got out and did what I had to do. It wasn't easy at first, but if you've been out there before, it's kind of like riding a bike. You might be a little shaky at first, but if you just don't quit, you'll probably be fine.

The worst thing you can do is obsess over it before you make that first step. I've had the best luck doing stuff that scares the hell out of me by not thinking about it ahead of time, and just doing it.

I don't mean don't plan. I mean don't try to think of every possible thing that could happen once to begin. That'll overwhelm you, cause anxiety over things that may not even happen at all, and paralyze you. Plan, schedule, then act. Don't think about anything else.

The better you plan ahead, the less you'll have to think once you get started. That means plan your actions frugally, not plan for every possible contingency.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

moved from Random Discussion to Work and finding a Job