Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:33 pm

I don't really like regular chocolate, but I do take some dark chocolate medicinally sometimes (seems to help alleviate mild depression a bit) - at 85% cocoa, it's bitter, which I prefer.

8)

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:35 pm

I am looking at chocolate.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

The basic food groups are: fat, sugar, cholesterol, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, colorings, and flavorings.
Remember that you should have at least two servings from each group, every day. :D

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:17 pm

I'm a hardcore chocolate addict. I eat bakers chocolate, not for the taste but for the effect. Sugary stuff makes me feel weird, so that's how i got on that road.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Both chocolate and processed sugar are stimulants, and can make people feel antsy and hyper. It is best to minimize the amount that children consume of either one of these, as they can react even worse than adults. Many people on the spectrum have real sensitivities of different kinds. You apparently have a sensitivity to either or both chocolate and processed sugar, so limit the amount you take in.

I like chocolate (dark best), and some candies, but most of the time I satisfy my sweet tooth with fruit. Our bodies are much better at metabolising the natural sugars in fruits than they are at dealing with processed sugars. I also like the "fruity" taste of fruits, and candies just don't have that. I also like peppermint flavored dark chocolates, and peppermint tea.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:41 pm

I love my chocolate.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:53 pm

I like milk chocolate. And gummi bears. And fruit rollups. Also jolly ranchers. And Twinkies. I like a lot of unhealthy foods, but good thing that I can only remember to eat them occasionally. Otherwise, not sure what would become of me.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 12:12 am

Aharon wrote:
I'm a hardcore chocolate addict. I eat bakers chocolate, not for the taste but for the effect. Sugary stuff makes me feel weird, so that's how i got on that road.

If you want just psychoactive effect without fat and sugar, you can also chew roasted cocoa beans. The taste takes some getting used to, but they are much healthier than chocolate.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 12:48 am

AspieWolf wrote:
The basic food groups are: fat, sugar, cholesterol, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, colorings, and flavorings.
Remember that you should have at least two servings from each group, every day. :D

No artificial sweeteners! No!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:14 am

I like chocolate, but I could take it or leave it. I don't associate that with AS though - I just think it's the way I am, along with lots of other people.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:39 am

I've just had a Twix (well the cheap but better Lidl version of one), just as I do every day after lunch.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

i do not like pure chocolate. it overwhelms my mouth.

i do like chocolate flavored milk. i drink about 600ml (1 pint) of it every day.
i sometimes like chocolate peanuts, but i like the chocolate coating to be very thin. lately, all the chocolate peanuts i have bought have a thick coating of chocolate and a very small peanut inside. i do not like them.

i like maltesers, but i only like the malt honeycomb centres, and when i buy maltesers, i put them in the fridge, and when they are cold, i crack off the chocolate coating shells, and i discard them and i eat only the cores. if they sold "naked" maltesers, i would definitely buy them more often.

i very much like simple sugar honeycomb, but to get pure honeycomb, i have to go to specialty shops like "darrell lea", and i can not be bothered to do that. instead, i sometimes buy "violet crumbles" which are honeycomb bars "desecrated" by a coating of chocolate, and i similarly chill them and pick off the chocolate and discard it before eating the honeycomb.

it is interesting however that the mexicans and south americans saw the potential in such a bitter bean when they imagined it combined with sugar.

if it had have been me, i would have tasted the cacao beans and dismissed them as unpalatable and never looked back, but some ancient culinary genius saw the potential taste that could be achieved when fermented and combined with a sweetener.

it is the same type of discovery as coffee. coffee is utterly disgusting until it is mixed with sugar (i know a lot of people like unsweetened coffee and i can not understand why), and then it is strangely quite uniquely palatable.

like salt and sugar are seemingly not compatible until one tries sugar and salted butter mixed together. it is so nice....whatever i should end my reply now or i will go off into all types of tangents.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:52 am

I don't like the texture of chocolate, so never eat it pure. Very occasionally I might eat something chocolate flavoured as long as it's not with lumps of chocolate. I equate the texture to that of bananas. :eew:

DC1977
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

I love chocolate, always have a bar or two on hand if needs be, and eat some at least once a day.