do you sleepwalk, talk in your sleep, etc?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 5:12 pm

I eat in my sleep. My wife hears my mouth chomping. I once had a dream of eating a 4 ft. tall Hershey's Kiss, and this coincided with my wife's story of my loud "chomping." :lol:

When around 15(y), I got out of bed and was sleep walking and holding somewhat of a conversation with my grandparents. I had asked for a paper and pen to write my mother a letter. The funny thing here is the fact that this is incredibly out of character for me to write a letter to anyone; let alone to me mama.' After sitting there for some time and without writing even one letter of the alphabet, I abruptly put the pen down and went back upstairs to go beddy bye. :lol:

When told what I did it sounded incredible to me.... and couldn't remember a thing.

When very young( early elementary school) I awoke out of a "walk" next to the cloths dryer. I was frantically burying a body in the cloths pile. I came to and felt a huge relief that it was a only dream. No dead person.... the guilt significantly subsided. ( Could have been a hallucination?)

I had a reputation for sleep walking in those years, but apparently outgrew it.

Strange stuff.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

i am smiling and laughing from reading these experiences. (Mdyar that Hershey bar cracked me up)

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm

I have driven halfway across the country. Well, I wasn't really asleep, but sleep deprived. I was very fortunate that I didn't doze off. I hope I am wise enough not to do that again.

I did have a girlfriend who would dream she was stepping off a curb and kick out her leg like she was stepping off a curb. Usually it was away from me, but on a couple of occasions I got walloped pretty good. I think I am more of a tosser and turner than anything. I usually will have the blanket wrapped around me like a cocoon or completely tossed off the bed by the end of the night.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

I giggle in my sleep on the rare, rare occasion.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Feb 2012, 5:05 am

I never sleepwalked & I don't think I talk in my sleep usually but I sometimes do weird things in my sleep when I'm having emotional problems or dealing with psychological issues; like cry in my sleep, kiss my pillow, toss & turn a lot. I have occasional phases where I have sleep paralysis episodes & night terrors. I really need someone to sleep with m,e because I would sleep aLOT better if I was with someone

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 8:21 am

i learned i sleep walk cus i found my underware outside(i sleep in the nude). at first i wasn't sure what happened, then when i picked them up i thought those were the undees i wore the day before, went to my room, and sure enough, no undees on the floor. i wake up put on my underware then walk outside(now that i live in a rooming house i find then in the kitchen infront of my cabinet) and take them off. what else i do is still a mystery, a friend that lives by me said he saw me standing outside, nude, just stairing out at nothing.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

danmac wrote:
i learned i sleep walk cus i found my underware outside(i sleep in the nude). at first i wasn't sure what happened, then when i picked them up i thought those were the undees i wore the day before, went to my room, and sure enough, no undees on the floor. i wake up put on my underware then walk outside(now that i live in a rooming house i find then in the kitchen infront of my cabinet) and take them off. what else i do is still a mystery, a friend that lives by me said he saw me standing outside, nude, just stairing out at nothing.

wow that is so interesting. my former husband tore his underwear in his sleep, like ripped it into 2 pieces. i can't remember if he was wearing it or not. :lol:

keira
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

I've been told I talk in my sleep. Also I can get up, walk across the room to turn the alarm clock off, then go back to sleep and have absolutely no recollection about it.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
danmac wrote:

wow that is so interesting. my former husband tore his underwear in his sleep, like ripped it into 2 pieces. i can't remember if he was wearing it or not. :lol:

i was always a heavy sleeper, it struck me as very odd. it is intresting to ponder the many forms of sleep we as a people have, my brother has punched his girl friends a hand full of times, hard(he would never even grab them hard awake). i always wonder what is going on in the mind during our sleep time. i've never belived in those books that tell you what dreams mean, there accuricy(sp) seems worse than horiscopes. there has to be a part of our brain working.......but what part and to what end?