Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Feb 2012, 5:10 pm

CPAC was under new management this year, most people thought they were brought in to crack down on the Paul supporters and the gay groups that pretty much dominated the event the last few years.

The Google thing at the end of that video was a little far out tho,

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I still think it's reasonable to assume that the diversification and expansion of Google's political funding is due to SOPA.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

peebo wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
kestrel wrote:
Would the democrats allow communists and anarchists to attend their special club meetings?

The thing that annoys me more than misused statistics is guilt by association. I'm certain I read somewhere that it's a fallacy. For all the meaningful criticisms of republican policies that can be made, why? Just why?

How can you lump communists and anarchists in with white supremacists? That's just... wrong

not only that, but my limited knowledge of American politics leads me to understand that the democrats are far, far, far closer to the American right than they are to communism, anarchism etc.

You are correct! They support capitalism so I don't see how they are anything like communists or anarchist.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:23 pm

I was making a reference to their acceptance of fringe groups as supporters and not comparing the qualities of those groups I chose as an example -- both D's and R's only care about how many votes they can get, which is reflected by their actions.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

kestrel wrote:
I was making a reference to their acceptance of fringe groups as supporters and not comparing the qualities of those groups I chose as an example -- both D's and R's only care about how many votes they can get, which is reflected by their actions.

Communists and Anarchists may be minority political groups but they do not equate with White Supremacists who are essentially human garbage.

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

Vigilans wrote:
kestrel wrote:

Communists and Anarchists may be minority political groups but they do not equate with White Supremacists who are essentially human garbage.

I know. I was not comparing qualities of those groups I chose as an example. My point was that both major parties pander to minority groups (at times) but their actual policy record does not reflect it. They just want votes and will say whatever they need to say, and do trivial things like what the OP is outlining, in order to win votes from groups they have no interest in actually representing.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:39 pm

kestrel wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
kestrel wrote:

I know. I was not comparing qualities of those groups I chose as an example. My point was that both major parties pander to minority groups (at times) but their actual policy record does not reflect it. They just want votes and will say whatever they need to say, and do trivial things like what the OP is outlining, in order to win votes from groups they have no interest in actually representing.

Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. Thought you were waxing McCarthyist on us there :P
Though when you think about it, both parties do indeed pander to a minority group: the bankers
The Repugnicans should know better than to pander to this demographic though. Anything that makes them look normal or legitimate is not good in my books

Last edited by Vigilans on 21 Feb 2012, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:41 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. Thought you were waxing McCarthyist on us there :P
Though when you think about it, both parties do indeed pander to a minority group: the bankers

Oh, yes, they enjoy pandering to that one. They try to avoid doing it publicly, though, because most of us aren't bankers. :wink:

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 5:26 am

In the end, all the parties are wrong but the fact still remains that pandering to White Supremacists is not an act of strength, it is an act of weakness.

This is not a matter of opinion, this is a matter of truth.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Feb 2012, 9:20 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I still think it's reasonable to assume that the diversification and expansion of Google's political funding is due to SOPA.

The reason that doesn't really make sense to me is that a lot of the GOP supported SOPA. A couple of the creators of it were Lamar Smith out of Texas and Bob Goodlatte out of Virginia. (I remember them specifically since there are some fantastic candidates challenging them in the GOP primaries this year with Sheriff Mack going against Lamar Smith and Karen Kwiatkowski against Goodlatte.)

Maybe Google wouldn't of been open to co-sponsoring the event if the GOP unanimously went along with SOPA, but the saying there was some sort of debt or bribe to be paid seems rather silly on Cenk's part.

CPAC is a pretty huge event and something like 10,000+ people attend it so it is pretty hard to police everybody that attends it. However it is telling when you look at the groups they specifically try to keep out which are the gay groups(GOProud or others), Ron Paul supporters, and the John Birch Society. They'd rather focus their attention to keep these groups out than to keep out racists. It's just a big government Neocon/Religious nutter beauty pageant and nothing more.

The sad thing is with GOProud is that they're not even really different than "mainstream" Republicans other than their views on gay rights. AFAIK they're not a paleoconservative, libertarian, or liberal group. The ACU and groups like YAF are just too bigoted to be in the presence of homosexuals or people that merely support equal rights for homosexuals even if they agree with them on 99% of their wretched views.

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm

shrox wrote:
Magdalena wrote:
It's just more constructive to ignore conservatives completely. The corporate-owned media in this country makes that a difficult task, however.

BBC and DWtv are your friends.

I said "difficult," not "impossible." :lol:

Your Aspie score: 130 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
EQ Score: 37/100 ("low empathy")