Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2012, 10:39 am

Favorite breakfast? Do you eat this every morning?
Favorite drink in the morning? Do you drink this every morning?
Favorite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal? Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way?
Favorite drink in general? Do you always drink this?
Favorite snack? Candy?
Favorite food on specific occasions?
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

Favorite breakfast? Kashi Walnut and Black Currant Cereal, and no not every morning
Favorite drink in the morning? Water, and yes every morning
Favorite food in general? Lobster!! If I was rich enough to eat it every day I totally would haha.
Favorite drink in general? Arizona Diet Peach Iced Tea...I've become a total addict and I do drink it almost daily. (I went through a gallon in two days last week lol)
Favorite snack? Candy? I don't like candy much but my favorite snack is probably pistachios
Favorite food on specific occasions? Lobsteeerrrr! Since I already mentioned it, I'm also a big fan of well-prepared lamb.
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants? Red Lobster is my only favorite restaurant that is a chain. The rest are mostly really expensive ones that I can't go too very often, but they taste oh so good.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

Ddddd wrote:
Favorite breakfast? Do you eat this every morning? Not much for breakfast. I had a burrito and OJ this morn.
Favorite drink in the morning? Do you drink this every morning? Tall glass of water
Favorite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal? Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way? I seem to go through cycles where I like something for a while then move on to something else.
Favorite drink in general? Do you always drink this? Water or soda :(
Favorite snack? Candy? Pretzels or Tortilla chips with hot salsa
Favorite food on specific occasions? Probably a decent pizzeria pizza
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants?Traditional homecooking (fresh breads and pies :drools), Italian, and Chinese. I have more moods and cravings than favorites.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 4:23 am

Favorite breakfast? whatever food i can find, usually eaten cold 'cause i'm too damned lazy to heat it.
Do you eat this every morning? yes.
Favorite drink in the morning? cold liquid such as V-8 juice [generic] or my special carbonated diet mixture.
Do you drink this every morning? yes.
Favorite food in general? pizza. Do you eat this every day? no, only once a year or so, as a treat.
Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal? cheese and some kind of animal or soy protein.
Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way? most of the time.
Favorite drink in general? my special cold carbonated diet mixture, made of whatever diluted pure fruit juice i can find, cut further with diet soda.
Do you always drink this? half of the time, when i'm not drinking cold bottled water.
Favorite snack? sharp cheddar cheese. macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts, pistacios, etc.
Candy? not anymore, unless it is diet/sugar-free. diet peanut-butter cups are food of the gods- yum :)
Favorite food on specific occasions? thanksgiving/xmas turkey/gravy/stuffing. the skin is my fave- YUM! :D
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants? i live in genteel poverty, so no eating out except for special occasions.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

Favorite breakfast? Do you eat this every morning?: A can of sardines. No joke. I eat it often for breakfast.

Favorite drink in the morning? Do you drink this every morning?: Coffee and water. I drink coffee every morning. Water also.

Favorite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal?: My favorite food is pizza. I like to put tobasco sauce on a lot of things.

Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way?: I don't really prepare my own pizzas.

Favorite drink in general? Do you always drink this?: Kava Kava tea. I drink it almost every day.

Favorite snack? Candy?: My favorite snack is chips and dip, and my favorite candy are those chocolate covered cherries with the juice in them.

Favorite food on specific occasions?: I love homemade Thanksgiving mashed potatoes with gravy. Mmmm!

Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants?: I like Taco Time, Jack in the Box, Domino's, KFC, Red Robin, and Denny's. As for higher standards of eating, I like Jak's Grill, The Red House, and iSushi.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Ddddd wrote:
Q:Favorite breakfast?
A: probably soft boiled eggs (2) and toast cut into 5 strips to dip in them. the toast must be buttered with "lurpack" butter (a danish butter). margarine is not enjoyed by me. i always place a paper towel under the toast so the underside does not get soggy.
_________
Q: Do you eat this every morning?
A: no. sometimes i have heinz baked beans in ham sauce (no other variety) on toast.
there are times when i do not wake up early enough to have breakfast, so i will eat lunch on those days as my first meal.
Q: Do you drink this every morning?
A: no. as i previously said, i am not always awake in the morning.

Q: Favorite food in general?
A: i have various favorite foods, and i can not adequately talk about them all because some are my own recipes, and i am sure that recipes are not the subject of this thread.

i have a recipe for curried salmon which people wince at the thought of before they hear the recipe. it is basically a white sauce with a dessert spoon of curry added, and a can of salmon (i prefer canned salmon to fresh salmon) and 2 medium sized tomatoes.

actually here is the recipe. people need not read it, but it is my favorite dish. it feeds one (me).

ingredients.

1. 1 oz butter (56g)
2. 1 tablespoon of flour
3. 1x 230g tin of red sockeye salmon
4. 3/4 cups of milk with juice from can of salmon added to make 1 cup of liquid. (tip the can so the juice flows into the milk while holding the salmon back with a fork)
5. 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice (most important)
6. 2 medium ripe tomatoes diced.
7. 3/4 to 1 dessertspoon of curry (depending on taste)
8. 1/2 teaspoon salt
9. 3 pinches of (white) pepper

method:
melt the butter in pan and add flour. mix well and cook for a couple of minutes on low heat (so butter does not become nutty and burnt in flavor) . add curry powder and mix well. Let bubble for a minute .

meanwhile, drain juice of the salmon can into the milk to make 1 cup of liquid.
place the tomatoes into boiling water for a couple of minutes to make them easy to skin, then peel off their skin.
chop up the salmon on a dinner plate and remove the black skin and bones. dice the skinned tomatoes and add to salmon, and mix through, but do not pulverize the mixture.

back to the frypan: add the milk slowly to the butter/flour/curry mixture and stir well until it is a smooth paste. it maybe not necessary to add all the milk. watch how the mixture thickens (which takes quite a while (5 minutes)) as you slowly add the milk/salmon juice liquid. when you are happy with the viscosity, and you can tell it is not going to get any thicker, add the salt and pepper and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.

let it bubble for about 2 mins (always scraping the bottom of the pan so as to not get burnt stuff)

then add the salmon and tomatoes and stir through.
leave it simmering (but stir it often) while the rice (1 cup) is being cooked (12-15 minutes).

serve it when the rice is ready.
i place the rice on one side of the plate and the curried salmon on the other half and mix the 2 at my pleasure.

it is a very tasty dish.

Q: Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal?
A: no. i do not like to eat the same thing from day to day. i get sick of things rapidly, and i have a routine where i eat different things every day of the week, but that routine is identical every week.
_______
Q: Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way?
A: yes. there can be no deviation from how i like my meal to be concocted. someone used my curried salmon recipe, and they added cheese and onions to their attempt and i was flabbergasted that they could do that. the taste would be ruined if it was prepared with any other ingredients than what i chose.

i have other recipes i have made up which i like also (for example a sausage casserole with fried dates and apples as ingredients)
_________

Q: Favorite drink in general?
A: chocolate or coffee flavored milk is all i ever drink.

Q: Do you always drink this?
A: yes
A: i like rice crackers that have a seaweed taste. they are vaguely sweet and salty and they have a very loose texture which breaks down in my mouth in a few seconds. they also have that mysterious taste described as "umami", and i find it quite pleasant.

Q: Candy?

A: i am not that interested in sweetness on a continuous basis. sometimes i want a "sugar fix" but not often.
_________
Q: Favorite food on specific occasions?
thai red beef curry is nice if it is prepared properly. i always order it once every month from the local thai takeaway, and i say on the phone: "yes i will have a thai red beef curry with no peas or beans, and i would like it extra hot with many extra bamboo shoots included, and also a container of boiled rice". they know meknow and they can prepare what i want to my satisfaction. but i will be relocating soon

SonicDerp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2012, 3:22 am

Fries and Italian food. Yum! - Mick Bynes

whovian_vinnie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2012, 4:27 am

Favorite breakfast? Do you eat this every morning? - Fav. pancakes, but oatmeal practically every morning.
Favorite drink in the morning? Do you drink this every morning? - Latte, but I drink earl grey practically every morning.
Favorite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Tuna/mayo rice balls. Would if I wasn't afraid of mercury.

Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way? Yes, if I can.
Favorite drink in general? Do you always drink this? Hot chocolate, only in winter/on really dreary days.
Favorite snack? Candy? Pocky. Ideal for eating while gaming/writing, no mess left on fingers.
Favorite food on specific occasions? Sushi, much too expensive and hard to find here. Doesn't even have to be seafood sushi, just the tiny, neatly organized nutritional lumps.
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants?Happy Sushi back home, local burger shop here.

Last edited by whovian_vinnie on 29 Feb 2012, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 5:47 am

Favorite breakfast? Do you eat this every morning? I don't eat breakfast every day, but my favourite breakfast food is either cereal or croissant.
Favorite drink in the morning? Do you drink this every morning? Tea, or chocolate milk/cocoa, and again, no
Favorite food in general? Pancake, grilled cheese sandwich, anything with cheese.
meal? Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way? My favourite to prepare is Pot Noodles, and I'm convinced it tastes good too.
Favorite drink in general? Do you always drink this? Pepsi Max, and yes.
Favorite snack? Candy? Peanuts, pretzels, m&ms.
Favorite food on specific occasions? Not sure what it means
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants? Lasagne.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 6:40 am

(Favorite breakfast? Did you eat this every morning?) I never eat breakfast. Trying to gain weight.
(Favorite drink in the morning?) Vodka and Juice.
(Favorite food in general?) Mac'n'Cheese, Pizza.
(Favorite snack?) None.
(Favorite restraunts or fastfood restraunts?) Panda Express, Micky Dee'z, Yong Chai Fo Rai, Tong Kong, Mashimitchu, KFC, Xai tang chu.

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

Coffee. I don't eat it, I drink it.

I think I already answered this above.

Favorite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal?

Grilled pork. Chops, ribs or steaks.

Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way?

Never the same way twice. I make it up from whatever's on hand every time, and it's always good.

Molson beer, twelve year old (at least) Scotch, and lemonade. Pretty much daily, at least one of the three.

Favorite snack?

Gjetost on Triscuits.

Candy?

Varies. I don't eat much candy.

None. Favorite drink though. Genuine Eggnog, with whiskey, during the winter holidays.

None. I do order from various Chinese, and chain restaurants around here, only because I have no other choices. Restaurant selection around here sucks. No good deli's anywhere, and almost no locally owned non-chain restaurants at all. I hate it.

I did have one local favorite steak house until about a year ago when they closed permanently. This area SUCKS for good restaurants.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

Favorite breakfast?

Irish breakfast.

Do you eat this every morning?

No! Very rarely indeed.

Favorite drink in the morning?

Coca-Cola generally.

Do you drink this every morning?

No, but much more commonly than an Irish breakfast!

Favorite food in general?

Roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings.

Do you eat this every day?

Once a week or so.

Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal?

The closest to this would be potatoes, but even I don't have those in every meal!

Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way?

I'm not the one that prepares it (I don't cook), but no.

Favorite drink in general?

Beer. Various different types.

Do you always drink this?

Often, but I'm not an alco.

Favorite snack?

Tayto Cheese and Onion or pork scratchings.

Candy?

I don't eat a lot of chocolate but, when I do, it tends to be either Dairy Milk or dark chocolate.

Probably something like foie gras.

I rarely eat out locally these days, and I almost never eat out from fast food places. The local pizza takeaway or chip shop might qualify but only because these are the ones we use often.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

Favorite breakfast? Left over pizza. Do you eat this every morning? No, very rarely do i eat it.
Favorite drink in the morning? Tea. Do you drink this every morning? Yes.
Favorite food in general? Anything spicy. Do you eat this every day? Almost everyday. Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal? Chillies, salt and garlic, i guess. :P
Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way? Usually yes.
Favorite drink in general? Tea. Do you always drink this? Yes.
Favorite snack? Dried fruit and nuts. Candy? I'll eat anything sweet.
Favorite food on specific occasions? Portuguese prawns.
Favorite restaurants or fastfood restaurants? Nandos.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

Favourite breakfast? Do you eat this every morning? Pancakes. No, I normally have Weetabix and toast
Favourite drink in the morning? Do you drink this every morning? Cranberry Juice. Yes.
Favourite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal? Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way? Yorkshire Pudding. No, I don't eat it every day- I wish! I like experimenting to find the best receipe, fillings and toppings.
Favourite drink in general? Do you always drink this? Cranberry Juice- yes, normally
Favourite snack? Candy? All sorts of biscuits and cakes compete for my "favourite snack", as do popcorn, crisps... my favourite "candy" would probably be Malteasers, certainly something chocolate
Favourite food on specific occasions? Which ones? :wink:
Favourite restaurants or fastfood restaurants? Pizza Express is my favourite restaurant

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:02 am

Ddddd wrote:
Favorite food in general? Do you eat this every day? Or an ingredient that has to be in every meal? Do you always prepare your favorite meal in the same way?
Favorite snack? Candy?

Pancakes, and nope, I don't eat it everyday. Wished I did though.
Sweet condensed milk diluted with hot water. :D And no, I don't drink it everyday. I drink regular milk everyday though.
Favorite food in general... I have no idea? Alfredo chicken? Quiche Lorraine? And I don't know how to say this in English, but Bánh Canh Tôm?
There's no ingredient that has to be in every meal. Oh wait, what about love? :heart: :heart: :heart: :lol:
I don't prepare my own food most of the time, so no.
Coca-Cola? Always, when I have the chance, I guess, but I don't want to ruin my teeth or get diabetes.
Coffee ice cream as a snack, and anything with caramel for candy, especially those chewy caramel squares from See's Candy or those hard caramel candies with a liquid caramel filling inside. It's like heaven in a wrapper. :lol:
Cheesecake. :D
...Cheesecake Factory for restaurants. Panda Express for fastfood restaurants.