Steampunk Ensembles For The Gents

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2012, 6:14 pm

I think these are really cool steampunk looks for men! My fav is the guy with the intricate headphone ear thing, face piercings and short mohawk.
http://www.robotvsbadger.com/images/hes-a-steampunk-man/

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm

As someone who loves old technology, I do like to see people getting into the steampunk thing. I think its great that some people still appreciate and wish to replicate the attention to detail and craftsmanship that went into gadgets long ago.

Personally, I love finding authentic old stuff. My house is full of it. For example, my nightstand lamp is solid brass, made in 1909 (at least the socket was), and sports a real pre-1910 carbon filament bulb that I found recently. There's a bit of magic in using something over 100 years old every day.

I've noticed that when I build electronic things, they also seem to take on an old fashioned look. I've found that I take pride in doing things the way they were done long ago.

I like this picture in particular. He looks the the kind of guy that would have a Tommy gun in his other guitar case. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 12:16 am

I like the pictures where the men look like they're ready to fight a battle. Those are cool.Image

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

Blasty wrote:
As someone who loves old technology, I do like to see people getting into the steampunk thing. I think its great that some people still appreciate and wish to replicate the attention to detail and craftsmanship that went into gadgets long ago.

Personally, I love finding authentic old stuff. My house is full of it. For example, my nightstand lamp is solid brass, made in 1909 (at least the socket was), and sports a real pre-1910 carbon filament bulb that I found recently. There's a bit of magic in using something over 100 years old every day.

I've noticed that when I build electronic things, they also seem to take on an old fashioned look. I've found that I take pride in doing things the way they were done long ago.

The light bulb you found sounds awesome as does the lamp.
Is it possible to post a pic of your lamp and light bulb?
I love old stuff too!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

I like this guy. He looks like a badass Willy Wonka:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I like this guy. He looks like a badass Willy Wonka: