The ability / in-ability to tell lies

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 12:00 am

I can tell lies but I always look and feel guilty.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:51 pm

artrat wrote:
I can tell lies but I always look and feel guilty.

Same here, people who know me can usually read if I feel uncomfortable since I do feel uncomfortable telling lies. I try to bend the truth (which I guess can still be lying) but only if I have to keep something a secret. I guess the best way to describe this is beating around the bush, but for the most part I try to be as truthful as I can as it helps me in a lot of social situations.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:41 pm

modelmaker wrote:
I've never been able to convincingly tell a lie, not even harmless little white lies.

I feel this my be down to me possibly having mild autism / aspergers.
Prior to me wondering if I may have mild aspergers, I just put this down to my moral compass (of being or trying to be completely truthfull.)

So..., Does anyone else feel they have the in-ability to lie about something ?

I can lie, but its too difficult... I find that the moral compass thing, is sort of a tool to make stuff easier.

The only thing I lie about is opinions. I will sometimes pretend to have an opinion other than the one I have in order to benefit a situation (such as not hurting someone's feelings, or getting through a set of tasks that someone else thinks needs to be perfect while I am willing to compromise in order to accomplish)

However, factual things... I will not lie about. I will refuse to answer at times, but I wont lie.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

I have a hard time telling lies. I feel guilty when I tell them.