How do aspie aspie males show interest in a girl?

Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

If there's a girl I'm interested in, I'll always try to befriend her. I know I put myself endangered of being "friend-zoned" but that's the only way I can show a girl I like her and that's the only way I can socialize with a girl. I could never ask out strangers, I'm definitely not a guy who shouts out compliments at girls. I always make it known how much I respect them as a person and would never do anything to make them feel uncomfortable. I think for any aspergers guy, if he is your friend and enjoys your presence, chances are he likes you but won't be able to admit it.
I know from experience as there's a girl I like very much but because she's six years older than me, my chances of dating her aren't good but my feelings for her will not change, I still secretly wish we could be together. I sometimes wonder myself if she has any idea how I really feel about her.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

GlendaGoodWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Feb 2012, 6:02 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
I'd say he's shy.

You need to communicate with him and see each other more then just during commute.

I think he would open up to you as you spend more time together but if you have feelings for him you have to break tradition and ask him out as he may not have the courage to do so.

I'd say she's misunderstanding him and should ignore him.

Wait, what? That doesn't even make sense. Not a joke to me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

How normal guys show interest in a girl:

How male aspies show interest in a girl:

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 01 Mar 2012, 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 6:16 pm

Same as any other male: actions or words.

What those look like? Probably a lot more subtle than an NT male. :D "Hey you are hot. Can I have your number?" Probably not that. :D

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 6:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Give this guy a gold medal.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:20 am

GlendaGoodWitch wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
I'd say he's shy.

You need to communicate with him and see each other more then just during commute.

I think he would open up to you as you spend more time together but if you have feelings for him you have to break tradition and ask him out as he may not have the courage to do so.

She mistakes his ignorance as affection...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 3:12 am

aussiebloke wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Give this guy a gold medal.

Sorry, I only accept diamonds.

I want to be like smudge.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

Lonermutant wrote:
GlendaGoodWitch wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
I'd say he's shy.

She mistakes his ignorance as affection...

I don't see how it is possible to draw this conclusion with the information provided. While it is possible that the man in question is uninterested, there is nothing to suggest that this is definitely the case. I suspect that GlendaGoodWitch knows the situation a good deal better than the rest of us here and is just looking for examples of how Aspie men show interest in women so as to be better able to assess the situation.

From what Glenda describes, it seems to me that it would be worth pursuing. What's the worst that could happen? Some disappointment perhaps, but isn't that better than not trying at all?

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

It's possible that he fantasizes about her, but that it's nothing that's going to turn into a real relationship. It's absurd that social ineptness can be attractive to a woman.

Luska
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2012, 1:43 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
It's possible that he fantasizes about her, but that it's nothing that's going to turn into a real relationship. It's absurd that social ineptness can be attractive to a woman.

As someone who was in that exact situation 2 years ago, there are women who find other things attractive in a person .
:wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
It's absurd that social ineptness can be attractive to a woman.

Almost literally anything can be attractive to people. How would you feel if a woman fancied you at first sight because you look like Charlie Brooker and she finds that sort of face attractive? And then what if she got to know you and liked your personality? You seem quite personable and well-dressed in real life. :)

GlendaGoodWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

Lonermutant wrote:

What a charmer! V. Negative outlook. Define perfection, then rationalize how am imperfect person shouldn't be cared for, liked or loved. I assure you, there is no perfect person.

I am only trying to assess my situation as suggested. There is no need for mockery or cruelty. Life handles that all on it's very own.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 4:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The neutral face is the "like someone" face?

My word.....

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:07 pm

They pick up the phone and ring 0055 6969 Lonely

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

Tequila wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
It's absurd that social ineptness can be attractive to a woman.

Almost literally anything can be attractive to people. How would you feel if a woman fancied you at first sight because you look like Charlie Brooker and she finds that sort of face attractive? And then what if she got to know you and liked your personality? You seem quite personable and well-dressed in real life. :)

I'm having flash backs of Seinfeld (The pig man one)