Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2012, 9:58 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well, I already knew drug abuse could lead to death or health problems, I guess it's news to some people though.
Amy Whitehouse?

A French-speaking regional section of the Young SVP from Switzerland made a special poster about drug use featuring her within days of her death.

Have you seen it? Have I already mentioned it?
Oh yes her, I remember thinking how ironic it was that she did that one song before she ended up dying of a drug overdose. I never did see the poster though.
Just to be pedantic (and off-topic) - she drank herself to death; it wasn't directly caused by drugs, street or otherwise:
Wikipedia wrote:
A coroner's inquest reached a verdict of misadventure. The report released on 26 October 2011 explained that Winehouse's blood alcohol content was 416 mg per decilitre at the time of her death, more than five times the legal drink-drive limit. According to the coroner, "The unintended consequences of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Winehouse#Death

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

Tequila wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Anti-legalization message for what?

Drugs.

Ok so a picture of one individual after excessive drug use is supposed to deter every single person from using drugs at all?

I just really don't get it, I've seen people looking like that after just one night of taking legal substances(alcohol) much more then after taking illegal substances like cannabis.......and I know most people who have been to college at least in my state have seen the same thing.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:50 am

Cornflake wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well, I already knew drug abuse could lead to death or health problems, I guess it's news to some people though.
Amy Whitehouse?

A French-speaking regional section of the Young SVP from Switzerland made a special poster about drug use featuring her within days of her death.

Have you seen it? Have I already mentioned it?
Oh yes her, I remember thinking how ironic it was that she did that one song before she ended up dying of a drug overdose. I never did see the poster though.
Just to be pedantic (and off-topic) - she drank herself to death; it wasn't directly caused by drugs, street or otherwise:

that's even better, not to be cold and heartless or anything but that she died of a legal substance makes it even more ironic.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2012, 11:52 am

^^ Agreed. (and likewise, not to be cold and heartless about it)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Ok so a picture of one individual after excessive drug use is supposed to deter every single person from using drugs at all?

No, the idea was to use a famous face in order to highlight the problems with legalising and the acceptance of drugs. The SVP, as a conservative party, is anti-drugs legalisation but does not favour prohibition of alcohol or tobacco.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I've seen people looking like that after just one night of taking legal substances(alcohol) much more then after taking illegal substances like cannabis....

I think we can all agree that too much of a good thing is generally a bad idea.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

Tequila wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

No, the idea was to use a famous face in order to highlight the problems with legalising and the acceptance of drugs. The SVP, as a conservative party, is anti-drugs legalisation but does not favour prohibition of alcohol or tobacco.

But the point is that's what legal drugs do so it has nothing to do with the legalizing or acceptance of illegal drugs.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

Tequila wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I've seen people looking like that after just one night of taking legal substances(alcohol) much more then after taking illegal substances like cannabis....

I think we can all agree that too much of a good thing is generally a bad idea.

Well no sh*t.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

Lordy, apparently it's real. I kind-of hoped it was Photoshopped.
http://www.localdatasearch.com/sunderla ... e-12219909

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

I wasn't terribly surprised when she died since it had been in the media she had drug issues.....as my mother said : "live that kind of life , sooner or later it's gonna catch up with you"

(except Jake the Snake or Ozzy it seems....... :?

Well the media......had she died of old age there wouldn't be that much coverage.......but when a celeb dies relatively young (then there's the conspiracy theories as usual)

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2012, 3:54 pm

Well she was great at singing but people dying just don't touch me. I really don't get why famous people get celebrated that much after their death.
I think that Dio was a much better singer than her and I also said when he died "that's a shame but I didn't get sad or anything about one of my favorite singers died".
The only thing I get emotional touched over is animes, mangas and games >.>

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 4:00 pm

Reindeer wrote:
Well she was great at singing but people dying just don't touch me. I really don't get why famous people get celebrated that much after their death.
I think that Dio was a much better singer than her and I also said when he died "that's a shame but I didn't get sad or anything about one of my favorite singers died".
The only thing I get emotional touched over is animes, mangas and games >.>

I was a little disappointed that Dio died, but glad I saw him in concert at first and I think he had a pretty good run at life...I mean that kind of music simply will never die.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

Dude, I get overloaded if my favourite singer is a little upset about something... :lol: I'd like to think he won't die. :?