Whitney Houston died and I DON'T CARE!

Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

I'm not a drug user and isn't why I empathize with Whitney. My system is too sensitive to handle any drugs otherwise I probably would become an addict myself.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 8:56 pm

eigerpere wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
There are probably just a lot of sociopaths on board rather than aspies.

The new definition of a sociopath: not caring about the death of a complete stranger.

Thanks for the diagnosis, Dr eigerpere.

You have issues. That's my diagnosis for you. Get over it.

And I hope you have a lovely day too! :D

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 8:57 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

The new definition of a sociopath: not caring about the death of a complete stranger.

You expected a nice reply after that post? Go figure!

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

Tequila wrote:
Er... why would you care? Unless you were a fan of her work, you never knew her nor met her so what makes her any different from anyone else that has died? Should we care just because she's famous?

I don't expect people outside my family and friends to give a toss when I die anyway. You're invited to the funeral, though. ;)

Your doing way way better than I are you sure they care ?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 9:01 pm

eigerpere wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

I've heard a lot nastier than your post. You'll have to try harder if you want to upset me.
It's probably pointless, as I'm obviously a cold sociopath for not caring about the death of someone who never affected my life.

Do you cry every time anyone dies? Does a single sparrow fall to the ground without your knowing it? :wink:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 9:05 pm

I didn't care when my grandma died. I think lack of cards presents etc throughout my life means she felt the same way about me :P

I felt sad when my birds died :cry:

One less meat eater on the planet = barnyard (over a life time) full of animals spared.

Is a human worth more than a barnyard of animals ?

Last edited by aussiebloke on 26 Feb 2012, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 9:06 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

I've heard a lot nastier than your post. You'll have to try harder if you want to upset me.
It's probably pointless, as I'm obviously a cold sociopath for not caring about the death of someone who never affected my life.

Do you cry every time anyone dies? Does a single sparrow fall to the ground without your knowing it? :wink:

You are the one finding fault with me so who is trying to upset who? I'm not upset and not in any way trying to upset you. I'm merely replying to you which is an utter waste of my time and yet am doing so anyway.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 9:38 pm

Should I care that you don't care?

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 9:44 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

I guess you missed the news, we're all sociopaths pretending to be ret*ds... apparently. :lol:

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

Nexus wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

I guess you missed the news, we're all sociopaths pretending to be ret*ds... apparently. :lol:

If you aren't a sociopath, why should it bother you? Should I care how the sociopath feels? They don't care how I feel so I have a hard time caring about them.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

eigerpere wrote:
Nexus wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

If you aren't a sociopath, why should it bother you? Should I care how the sociopath feels? They don't care how I feel so I have a hard time caring about them.

You were the one implying people are actually sociopaths, not aspies on this board. A lot of people would take offence to that, or not, considering it's a tired method of trolling, implying we're sociopaths and all.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 11:21 pm

Nexus wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
Nexus wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
eigerpere wrote:

You were the one implying people are actually sociopaths, not aspies on this board. A lot of people would take offence to that, or not, considering it's a tired method of trolling, implying we're sociopaths and all.

If I was sorry I would apologize but quite honestly I don't care about this issue.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 5:01 am

the OP made a good point about the legions of unlamented lost which don't rate airtime or print space, but are still equally human and deserving of remembrance. but most humans can't really focus on more than a few people at any time, and the bright and flashy attracts the most attention. when carl sagan [RIP] passed, i didn't know him or know that much about him but just the same, there was just something about him, a charisma, that drew me in, and i felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest when he passed, it literally took my breath away. but i will admit that i didn't feel anything like that visceral kind of distress when ms. houston died. i did not care for her music but i did recognize that she was an exceptional talent and scion/relation of talented folk. poor whitney had her demons like lots of other folks, but she had to fight with 'em in the public eye which [along with piles of easy cash to indulge every good and bad whim] is the great moral tester and amplifier of accumulated insecurities. her voice had notably deteriorated in the last few years, and along with her failed "easy come, easy go" finances, this could not have made her feel too good or secure with her life. in this sense, she was like this generation's elvis, and the people who responded most acutely to her passing, were aware of these things and felt for her in this way also. her spirit was insufficiently developed to deal with celebrity and all that goes with it. all one can say about all of this is, "what a perverse hellworld we all live in."

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2012, 2:30 am

To proclaim that she "died and I don't care" is rather cold hearted and well, over the top. Yeah the coverage of such an event can be excessive, but such is the nature of the media. I would not say she had only "mediocre" talent either.

shartora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2012, 7:28 am

I don't think it's cold-hearted not to care about the death of a complete stranger. How many people have died since this thread was started? Who here REALLY cares about their deaths? You KNOW they've died but it hasn't registered and that's a good thing, we'd all be deranged if every death triggered this hysterical grief that accompanied WH dying.

But there was this woman who could sing, looked OK - really! Nothing special - and who died from her own stupidity. Immediately there are legions of media and music industry people hyping up her death as one of the world's greatest tragedies, all for the purpose of making money from her corpse.

What's worse are the large number of fanatics who will howl at the very suggestion that there are people who really don't give a damn. Her life did nothing to enhance mine and her death has not in any way degraded its quality. She was a nobody to me, a nothing. If others out there are delusional enough to believe that she was part of their lives then fair enough, but lay off the howling like you've lost a family member, because you haven't.

So the neurologist was correct.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 7:57 am

I care a little about her death but not anymore than about your average homeless person who has died of alcoholism or drug abuse.

She gets fame because she is a celebrity.

It's tragic what happened to her but no more tragic than hundreds of thousands of cases that are occurring at the moment. I will give you that,