Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

I think SNES is really the best!

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

There are alot of older consoles missing from the list... namely sega consoles that fit in the listed timeline :?

Even with that said, I don't think I can pick a poll option because I couldn't actually say I have a favorite. Just favorite games :|

One of my current favorite things to do when at a game store is pick up old PS2 games because there were quite a few great survival horror games and such, but I really didn't play PS2 when it was current :?. So even if I were to pick PS2 as of now, there were still a few great Xbox games I wouldn't want to have not played and owned :/. It almost seems it would be better to pick a list of console generations than specific consoles. Even now, I prefer PS3's exclusives, but know I'm missing out on a few games I would enjoy that are Xbox 360 exclusive.

As far as favorite generation, I prefer the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Dreamcast (If it counts here) one >_>

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:12 pm

From current gen, I'd say I've had the most fun with the Wii. Not that there haven't been any good games for the other two consoles, some particular favorites being Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and NieR, but I found that the motion controls, at least utilized correctly, add a whole new layer of depth to already fun experiences in Zelda or No More Heroes or the Metroid Prime games. I've played more for the 360, but most have been mediocre, whereas the few I've touched on the Wii have been significantly better experiences as a whole.

As far as favorite console ever, I'm really not sure what I'd choose. I've had plenty of fun with all of Nintendo's consoles and handhelds, and each have their own pros and cons. As for others, while I've had fun with stuff like Sonic or Spyro or Metal Gear Solid, I can't say I've had much more than those to go off of so I really could not judge them properly.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:32 pm

There are a lot of systems not on the list, any of the new ones, and my personal favourite, the gamecube. I do love the SNES too though, so I picked that out of the list you provided. Super Mario World is AWESOME!

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

I'd have to agree from my own point of view with Lace-Bane with the two factors stated.
The first being that there are plenty of other consoles that haven't been listed like the Sega's that were mentioned, Amiga's or Atari's...
The second one is that games make a console great. Nothing more, nothing less.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

PastFixations wrote:
games make a console great. Nothing more, nothing less.

Defintely. Hardware's nothing without software.

Dreamcast or 360.

The Sega Dreamcast had some of the most original and innovative games ever seen at the time. Awesome games like Rez and Ikaruga to name two. Unfortunately it tanked due to its poorly timed release. MS headhunted the head of Sega America at the time and began developing the Xbox, and the 360 continues its legacy.