Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

and I don't give a rat's *rse.

I never did get the chance to see any of the movies up for Best Picture,
the unofficial competition for "Best/Worst Dressed Woman" at the
Oscars bores me to sleep, and I have work in the morning.

Anyone else here feel the same way? If not, what is so fun about the
Academy Awards?

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2012, 9:58 pm

I Don't really care either. I haven't seen any of the movies nominated so it doesn't really matter to me which ones win.

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

26 Feb 2012, 11:31 pm

I missed it because I was out with my boyfriend. I also didn't see any of the movies that were nominated. I haven't watched the Academy Awards in a long time. They always run too long, anyway. And why can't they broadcast it on a Friday or a Saturday night? People have work and school on Mondays. No one's going to be up all night watching an awards show. Plus, I read once that viewership was down.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 8:45 am

War Horse didn't get any wins :( I never saw The Artist, has anyone? Did anyone think The Artist was any good? In my opinion every year there seems to be this one movie that gets so many nominees but it is also boring too! I thought Brad Pitt or George Clooney should have gotten the Best Actor award. :(

I did see the dress that J Lo was wearing. WAY too much cleavage. The winner for art direction was Hugo.

Francesca Lo Schiavo. WAY too old to wear a dress like she had on.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

I still can't believe I successfully predicted 22 out of 24 winners on my ballot! I did miss Best Actress (I guessed Viola Davis), but I didn't care since I was so glad Meryl Streep won. All in all, it was a pretty good night. God, I love the movies!

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 8:27 am

Thomas Newman and Leonardo DiCaprio never got one.

I can't take the awards too serious.

crmoore wrote:
I still can't believe I successfully predicted 22 out of 24 winners on my ballot! I did miss Best Actress (I guessed Viola Davis), but I didn't care since I was so glad Meryl Streep won. All in all, it was a pretty good night. God, I love the movies!

Meryl Streep. <3

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman