Could i be addicted to Pepsi/Coca-Cola?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 9:39 am

There is a guy where I live who I can call a "cola addict". I joked in the past that why do people drink a case of beer, where you will never see someone drink a case of pop? Well, I was wrong. So, this neighbor drinks about a 12 pops a day. He makes sure it's diet or if he drinks a regular one with sugar, it's one here and there in the mix.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2021, 2:51 am

Fixxer wrote:
There is a guy where I live who I can call a "cola addict". I joked in the past that why do people drink a case of beer, where you will never see someone drink a case of pop? Well, I was wrong. So, this neighbor drinks about a 12 pops a day. He makes sure it's diet or if he drinks a regular one with sugar, it's one here and there in the mix.
My girlfriend has a relative who mostly only drinks soda. He brings a two-liter bottle with him most anywhere he goes. He works at a whisky brewery & he regularly gets some for free so most of the rare times when he is drinking something other than soda, he is drinking whisky. I drink a bit of soda myself but I drink a lot of water & soda is the only other stuff I regularly drink. I occasionally drink a beer & I started occasionally drinking whisky that was given to me but I mix it with soda & I only drink a small amount at a time. I don't drink anything else unless it's cough syrup when my sinus allergies are bad & I have junk in my throat. I usually drink less than two cans of soda a day & I'm certain I usually drink at least 12 glasses of water a day. I cant stand to drink any of that diet soda or zero & other such stuff. Water tastes much better & is much more healthy. I like the caffeine that is in soda & I ocaisonally take a caffeine pill called Vivarin when I have to be up early to do something & feeling tired. While I really like having a can or two of soda a day, I am not addicted to it & will not suffer any ill effects if I don't drink any for a couple days.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 7:28 pm

We used to have Coke Zero here but they changed the name to Coke No Sugar and also the recipe. Coke No Sugar is slightly sweeter.

I'm addicted to it. I buy two 24 can packs every fortnight and easily drink them all. Last time I was in hospital I had to ask for pain meds because I had terrible headaches. That's a fair indication of addiction.

I'm trying to drink other things. At work I drink Apple and blackcurrant diet cordial. It's quite nice.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 10:33 pm

I don't care if this is true or not, but in my family, every man on the
paternal side (it's a tradition mind you) has to choose an unhealthy drink for the remainder
of his days.

My father chose Mountain Dew and whenever he drank too much of it, he got yelled at.

I chose sugar free Coca-Cola but am keeping myself to limits.

EdCase
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2021, 3:20 am

I drink pints of a diet coke drink per day. I get headaches when I haven't had any for a while. Apart from tea and chocolate milkshakes I don't drink anything else that isn't alcoholic.