Die Hard the Third 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
I think Part II or IV is the best! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Die Hard sucks! 3 Ninjas is the best action movie ever! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

I think most people are in agreement that these are the best two Die Hard movies. But which is better? I've never been able to decide.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

From my point of view, Die hard with a vengeance, simply because of Samuel L Jackson and Jeremy Irons.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

Agreed that 1 and 3 are the best ones, but I've got to give the best one to the original for several reasons:
-the concept and character was still fresh
-Alan Rickman made an awesome villian
-the balance between action and pauses in the action are well maintained
-it's probably the only year-round movie I can think of that's also considered a Christmas movie

questor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 4:14 pm

I am of female gender and in my early 50s, and don't usually care for gory movies. However, the gore in the Die Hard movies ties in to the plots, and is not done needlessly or to excessive levels. Also, the plots are well done, as are the acting and special effects. The end result is an exciting and gripping story, with good guy characters you can really like, and villains you can enjoy hating. Because of this I have seen the movies several times and own Die Hard's I thru IV. I don't know if more have been made. If so, I will eventually buy any others

I was impressed right away with the first one, with it's quality scripting features, like the fact that people were made to appear as though they really bled and really felt pain when they were hurt. It made the scenes more realistic and believable, instead of a fake Batman type of POW or BAM. (See the old Batman TV show.) The occasional bits of situational humor also added to the realism. All of this was carried through all of the installments, along with the good acting and exciting special effects. Wild as the effects were, they fit believably into their parts of each film. I am fully aware though, that the car John McClain/Bruce Willis uses to take out the helicopter in DH IV had an assist from a hidden ramp to get it airborne. :-D It was still a spectacular visual and plot effect.

I am willing to watch a film with some goriness, if the film is other wise good, and if the goriness is not overdone and fits the plot. The Die Hard films are well done, and exciting, so I am a fan.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 6:04 pm

And Bruce Wills in a vest?

DC1977
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

The first one, as it invented the trope 'Die Hard on/in/around a..........'