As a grown-up man, would you cry...

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 12:22 am

With a handmade waffle cone, with hand made chocolate ice cream mixed with peanut butter and nuts. (I got this at the grand canyon when I was very small)...

If it happened with that cone, I'd probably start crying.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 12:49 am

I've cried over less, but not in public. When my nerves are running low, every little thing might cause a miniature breakdown, during which I huddle in a corner and sob for an hour. But it's gotten better since I've upped my vitamin B6 dose.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 1:11 am

modelmaker wrote:

However, I have shed tears on one occasion when someone made me extremely angry about something they said to me, I could feel the viens at either side of my forehead bulge & my face go red, the pressure on my eyes & forehead caused me to have a minor breakdown.

This. I read somewhere that sadness is repressed anger, so when I'm really upset and it's socially unnaceptable to lash out, I just start crying. Last time it happened I was 17 (19 right now) so I'm not sure if it will go away with age, or efen if I qualify as a "grown up man".

Sometimes a good book or a good movie can make me cry, Werther from Goethe, the death of Dumbledore in the book and the final chapter of an anime I saw last year come to mind.