Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

megymegan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2012, 1:06 am

Other countries (including the languages, flags, statistics, what the buildings/streets look like, food etc). Ever since I was really young it's always been something that can have me researching for hours!

I remember spending days drawing and cutting out all the different flags of the world, and making flashcards on the back of them with statistics about each country when I was about 12. Totally normal 12 year old girl activity (not!) 8) But now I'm more interested in learning languages and actually traveling to these places. Alone, most likely.

But yeah. PLENTY of other obsessions/special interests have come and gone but this one has remained constant!

Last edited by megymegan on 03 Mar 2012, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 1:18 am

I'm pretty good with music, in an organic way. I had a good music theory teacher and a lot of exposure to a variety of genre. I don't think this is that unusual, though. A lot of people are into music like it's part of their soul.

Letters, how they're arranged into words. I'm fairly anal about everything but words are on an entirely different level from anything. I have categories or files in my brain of ways to construct words, which letters are used more and in which sequence. Grammar, sentence structure, even color effectiveness and font styles. It's not something I pursued obsessively, it just happened.

Unlike most of the aspies I'm acquainted with, I have an extremely difficult time with mathematics. I'm an A+ student in everything but math where I'm lucky to get a C-.