finally found a volenteer position

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

im going to be volenteering at a pre-vocational program for special needs highschool sudents once a week at a local jcc (sort of like a ymca) and on some sundays going to volenteer there at a Repite program for kids with autism and other special needs. the program is every other sunday but unfortunately is late in the year so there are only a few left because there is only one in april one in may and one of the ones in march i might not be able to make. but it will be a good resume builder anyhow. and i know the place because on thursday nights i go to my own social group there.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

Congratulations! I hope you get a lot out of it. I have found volunteering difficult at times, but very worthwhile.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

That's really interesting information. My psychologist suggested I volunteer to be with people with Asperger's. I looked up volunteering with the autistic/Asperger's organizations and all I could find was walking to contribute $. Your post shows I might find something connected to schools, the Y, or JCC. Thank you.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 1:28 am

quite people are usually exploited at voluntary organisation....but anyways it will help you build your resume so good luck to you.