Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

the time you first saw The Neverending Story? :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=punFFSs2Yhc[/youtube]

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

A very good movie.

"They look like big, good, strong hands. Don't they? I always thought that's what they were. My little friends. The little man with his racing snail, the Nighthob, even the stupid bat. I couldn't hold on to them. The nothing pulled them right out of my hands. I failed."

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

Atreyu: I can't get beyond the boundaries of Fantasia!
[G'mork laughs]
Atreyu: What's so funny about that?
G'mork: Fantasia has no boundaries.
Atreyu: That's not true! You're lying.
G'mork: Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.
Atreyu: But why is Fantasia dying, then?
G'mork: Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.
Atreyu: What is the Nothing?
G'mork: It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.
Atreyu: But why?
G'mork: Because people who have no hopes are easy to control; and whoever has the control... has the power!

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

I saw this in the theater as a kid, and it's one of my worst memories of watching movies. The horse drowns in the swamp!?! WTF!! ! That traumatized me. If the little boy had been mangled and picked apart by wild animals, I probably wouldn't have blinked. But the horse's death messed me up completely. I haven't watched that movie since. What kind of sick bastard writes a scene like that for a children's movie?

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

The first time I saw it was on TV on a weekend when no one else was home. I was probably 8 or 9 years old and after the movie ended, I was mesmerized for days.

When I finally convinced my nanny to take me to the video store and I described the movie (I didn't know the name of it.), the store clerk looked at me like I was raving mad and my nanny had been looking at me that way since I had first begun bugging her to take me to the video store.

I honestly believed after that experience that the movie was not real and that I had imagined the entire experience of watching it. It wasn't until a few years ago that I saw it on TV again and jumped off the couch and jumped up and down yelling "IT WAS REAL! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! I AM NOT CRAZY!"

My partner at the time looked up from his laptop and said "Darling, yes you are crazy and flying dogs are not real. That is just a movie." What a jerk. lol :lol: