Do you think aspergians should be in relationships?

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 8:41 pm

To do what ?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 10:21 pm

I could never have a relationship with someone who isn't, in some way or another, a fellow misfit in society. I just can't bring myself to trust the extremely well-adjusted.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 5:22 am

edgewaters wrote:
I could never have a relationship with someone who isn't, in some way or another, a fellow misfit in society. I just can't bring myself to trust the extremely well-adjusted.

Ah, but if they were really well-adjusted they'd be able to make you feel ultra-safe with them, they'd boost your confidence and make you feel vaildated. They'd prove over and over that they liked you and truly cared about your feelings, and you couldn't help but love them. But no doubt they've all been snapped up and their partners wouldn't trade them for the world. :(

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 11:51 am

I think that aspies are entitled to relationships just as much as any red-blooded human being is. Sadly, our condition really doesn't make it easier for us to have one.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 3:34 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
We have just as much of a right to a lifelong partnership as anyone else, it's just difficult to find that one person who can understand you enough. Thankfully, I'm pretty damn sure my current GF is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I just won't be in a position to pop the question to her for at least another 3 years.
Yes,it is difficult for Aspies to find that one person who will understand them.Unfortunately ,many with AS will be perceived as ''different'' or ''odd'' due to social awkwardness.It will take a special person to understand them.

Different but not impossible. #livingproof

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 6:14 pm

edgewaters wrote:

This , and to think many think where dangerous or "risky"

HA HA .