Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TenebraruM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2005, 11:00 am

That's it. I used to come to the rational conclusion that the world can't be full of 4 billion people stupid enough to live for the sake of it, without question or reason. Well, now I might come to the conclusion that the world <i>is</i> like that.

Here's a little story that happened, say 20 minutes ago. On the bus back from college / school whatever you call a sixth form place of education, a couple of school children decided to give me trouble, hitting me on the head, waving in front of my face etc. So I finally decided to take my earphones off & state "Like making fun of autistics, do you? ... biggot."

Now, I've always thought my mother to be the most illogical, irrational & compulsive being on the planet. Seems like she's the worlds most logical person after "interacting" with those girls.

Naturally, my wit is second to none, so I decided to challenge them to a battle of witts. No go there, it was as if what I was saying was being drawn into a vaccum, not even an echo.

"Do men have hair there? (Pointing at my voice box) no they don't. He must be a transexual"
"Where's the logic behind that?"
"What? transexual"
(If my hair had been affected by a sex change, surely the inverse would be true, if anything related to hair around that region was affected the my facial hair would stop short of my chin. But that's bollocks anyway, so nevermind.

"Why are you doing that?"
"It's funny"
"..." [ret*ds]

Now the statement that really got me agitated (usually nothing does) "If you were autistic you wouldn't know you were autistic" :evil: I swear if I had a blade on me at the time her head would be well clean of her shoulders.

The world ... what is this world coming to ... Pathetic vermin. Autistics should fight a 10 person infantry war & take dictatorship of the world, it wouldn't be that hard, I mean if they think autistics are ret*d they'll fight the battle against themselves for us :twisted:

The question is, how can you beat someone who doesn't have the contents in their head to wage war?

MttJocy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2005, 11:08 am

lol, I aggree with most of that except of course there is approximatly 6 billon people on this planet, sorry but im getting all factual again.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2005, 11:08 am

The world isn't completely populated by empty headed nitwits as far as I know - there are a few sane, intelligent people out there cos I've met one or two...

Just rise above it TenebraruM. You can't argue with ignorance from chavvy schoolkids, they don't know any better. :evil:

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

TenebraruM

23 Feb 2005, 11:12 am

MttJocy wrote:
lol, I aggree with most of that except of course there is approximatly 6 billon people on this planet, sorry but im getting all factual again.

Are you sure? I was taught 2 years ago that it was 3 billion ... I was estimating :P

MttJocy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2005, 11:18 am

Im sure thats what I read somewhere but of course I could be wrong myself.

/me is Googling

Get back to you on that with something difentive if I can find it.

MttJocy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2005, 11:22 am

The US Cencus bureau here: http://www.census.gov/prod/www/abs/popula.html

Has this document here: http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/wp02-1.pdf

Which shows a global population of over 6 billion, so sounds like I wasn't imagining things.

[EDIT] Damn sorry forgot I poseted last sorry for double post.

echospectra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2005, 7:01 pm

Oh the battle of wits... I've both tried it and seen it tried by others. It doesn't work, unfortunately. Though I really, really wish it would.

See, if the bullies were smart enough to understand what you had to say, they would be more likely to find something better to do with their time.

I've known one very intelligent bully (who used words as his weapons), and I once shook him off by making a not-so-very-subtle reference to his pride (which, in the form it took in him, is considered a sin by certain people).

If you want to repeat your efforts, next time they say "if you were autistic you wouldn't know you were" you could try a response like, "Two words: Temple Grandin." (Not because she's a better example than other autistic people who have written books, but because she's the best known.)

I've been in your position, so I have no illusions about any approach being effective; I'm sorry.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2005, 10:42 pm

Quote:
That's it. I used to come to the rational conclusion that the world can't be full of 4 billion people stupid enough to live for the sake of it, without question or reason. Well, now I might come to the conclusion that the world is like that.

Just because you've had a run in with some of the nasty ones does not mean everyone is like that. Don't let them get to you so much. Letting them get to you is like letting them win. The only way you can really triumph in a situation like this is to "be the better man," so to speak.

I've been through my share of taunting and harrassment from others, so I understand how you feel. In the end, though, I've found it's best to just let your negative feelings go when there is nothing else you can do. You'll be much happier in the long run, for it.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2005, 11:24 pm

TenebraruM wrote:
"If you were autistic you wouldn't know you were autistic"
For that tidbit of "wisdom" you can probably blame "Catch 22" or "M*A*S*H". Both stories include characters who are told they can't leave the army on mental health grounds because anyone demented enough to deserve discharge would be too demented to know it.

You can also blame unbalanced reporting in the media. Reporters like to engage politicians with questions about the provision of medical services for autistic children and almost always use classic low-functioning children as an example, with the result that most people think that's the only kind of autism there is. They almost never hear about high-function autistic people.

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2005, 3:34 am

Those threats of violence make me sick. No wonder Aspies are portrayed as brutal cold killers, when some of us go around talking like they'd chop people's heads off just for looking at them funny or for not knowing everything about Autism :cry:

If your view of the world has changed towards becoming a homicidal maniac who despises most people, I'd seriously recommend getting professional help before it's too late :?