Do you have any out of the ordinary ailments?

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 7:02 pm

Definite issues with anxiety and attentional issues. Have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and possible ADD.

As for bodily ailments, I have minor problems with my lower digestion tract and bowels...have heard this are fairly common with autistic individuals.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Chuzhack
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

I have chronic headaches, and my mind is almost always foggy, and I cannot hear my thoughts even though I'm aware of there existence. It's as if my thoughts are veiled by a slightly-transparent cloth. Other than that, I have a terrible reaction to Concerta. It includes strong stomach ache, dizziness, an overall feeling of being weak and wobbly, diarrhoea (a couple of times), blood in my stool (once) and an even stronger than usual feeling that life is meaningless and generally horrid. The last time I took it I thought that I was actually going to die. I had to go to a different city than mine in Friday, and in Israel, public transportation stops working at a certain hour in Friday, and doesn't start working again until Sunday. I got lost some kilometres away from any bus station I knew, and I started feeling really sick. I walked aimlessly in the street, in panic, got dehydrated, until I had to sit down, feeling as if I might not get up again. Luckily I found a grocery store a couple of minutes before I collapsed and bought a 1.5 litre bottle of water, which I drank in its entirety.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

My bowel issues started pretty early. Crohn's is a serious autoimmune disease FYI. It is not IBS in any shape or form. I have had MANY complications from my *Mild* case of it.
I have a couple of auto-immune issues, not counting ASD if that is a neurological one..
I forgot my Spondylothesis, also.
And about 2 dozen allergies. That gets WORSE as time goes by..

Sincerely,
Matthew

Psygirl6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2012, 6:30 pm

minimeg wrote:
I have Fibromyalgia, which is an overactive nerve damage disease. So when I get stressed out due to AS my Fibro kicks in overdrive. What a great combo!

I also have Fibromyalgia, which I have trouble even managing due to the medications never work for me. The G.I. symptoms are even worse because I also have no colon, due to severe constipation that it had to come out. I have no bag, but I have severe diarrhea.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 9:32 am

I have costochondritis, mitral valve prolapse and an inability to consume caffeine. Can't even take aspirin.

lundygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 10:34 am

Psygirl6 wrote:
minimeg wrote:
I have Fibromyalgia, which is an overactive nerve damage disease. So when I get stressed out due to AS my Fibro kicks in overdrive. What a great combo!

I also have Fibromyalgia, which I have trouble even managing due to the medications never work for me.

I have fibromyalgia, and I struggle with it as being stressed causes flare-ups. And I often get stressed!