Difference between Asperger's and high functioning autism?

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SkyHeart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

may be there is some people betwen high fuctioning autism and asperger. But I think most people who have high fuctiontin autism are difernt from aspergers. when I am with peopel with apsergers they say to people that I have a different type of autism than then. they do not want to be compared to me. On here alot of aspergers people say they are the same.

There is a place I somtiems go for time away from here. it is with some people who have me for some time. They have friends with asperger. There was some of there asperger friends there and some NT people there. The people said to the visiters who I was and that I have autism so I will probably not talk to them and that it might seem like they do not exsist to me. They say it is fair to warn people about me. I can then hear the asperger people say to NT people how there autsim is not like my autism. they do not want peopel to think we are the same. here it is different.

But we are different. when we are both in the same room it is very ture. I am smart and most people can not tell. asperger people can just say to people "I have autism but I am smart" I have to take a long tiem to try and say those words and people find it difficutl to understand me. I was not toilet trained until I was 10. I still somtiems have accedents. I am not always awear taht I have pooed. my mum told me my autism is in the middle. she said my autism is not mild and also not sevear.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 11:29 pm

I think I am on the very mild end of the autistic spectrum, yet I can still relate to HFAs better than NTs. I have other neurological issues (like dyspraxia and depression) that make me disabled, whereas I do not believe my ASD does.

AS and HFA are usually based on a subjective assessment of 'severity' - although, clinically a speech delay rules out AS.