Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 4:03 pm

https://www.facebook.com/BigCityCops

Their slogan is: "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear". It's a hate group of cops!!

I am going to ask they be shutdown. I have reported the page already.

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

shrox wrote:

Even knowing what I know about liberals, I'm amazed you'd feel strongly enough about this page to try to get it taken down. What did you tell Facebook? "Please take this page down because it hurts my feelings"?

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2012, 4:40 pm

codarac wrote:
Even knowing what I know about liberals, I'm amazed you'd feel strongly enough about this page to try to get it taken down. What did you tell Facebook? "Please take this page down because it hurts my feelings"?

And I'm amazed that you'd blindly pick a side without fully realizing that unsavory individuals exist on both sides of the "police are corrupt, brutal thugs who cannot be trusted" argument.

Suffice to say, I don't see how shrox did something wrong by following his conscience.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

CoMF wrote:
codarac wrote:

And I'm amazed that you'd blindly pick a side without fully realizing that unsavory individuals exist on both sides of the "police are corrupt, brutal thugs who cannot be trusted" argument.

Suffice to say, I don't see how shrox did something wrong by following his conscience.

When they brandish a slogan that so anti-freedom and anti-liberty, I get upset...

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 7:05 pm

codarac wrote:
Even knowing what I know about liberals

They're out to brown you!! !

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 7:13 pm

shrox wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/BigCityCops

Their slogan is: "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear". It's a hate group of cops!!

Thanks for the link. Saw 4 cop cars pull up in front of my trailer. Not saying the kids were good but these guys were yelling at these 2 really young petite girls and cuffed one guy who yelled back at them. I don't know what they were looking for but one girl was crying and the other one was holding her. I use to be on the cops's side until I got harassed by one when I was walking to CVS. Now I don't know who to trust. There are some who really think because they can get away with what they do and that is bully people around. These kids were out there for over at least an hour. One girl asked if she could get her coat he ignored her. Other cops pulled up and handled them aggressively. Needless to say, they were never hand cuffed. Some lady came out and gave them trouble. She must've been one of the kids' moms or something. I guess they never did find what they were looking for. I had my camera just in case there was any police brutality.

Cutlass_Jack
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

You can't trust cops. Sometimes they are the criminals.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

I've largely come to view the cops as just another gang, an officially sanctioned one, but a gang just the same. Don't get me wrong, I don't tend to have a problem with the average officer, just the institution as a whole.

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2012, 3:32 am

shrox wrote:
When they brandish a slogan that so anti-freedom and anti-liberty, I get upset...

You have a right to get upset but it's freedom of speech that allows them the right to express their views. As misguided as their views may be, they are entitled to them and protected by your constitution, removing that facebook page (at least from everywhere but the US) would be construed as media censorship which is tantamount to anti-freedom and anti-liberty. You are getting upset over the very rights you seem to want to protect.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 3:57 am

codarac wrote:
shrox wrote:

Even knowing what I know about liberals, I'm amazed you'd feel strongly enough about this page to try to get it taken down.

I still try to wrap my head around the modern conservative mindset.

Very much against big government and government intrusion into people's lives but grovelling in front of established authority figures and so closed minded they can't even see the hypocrisy in their own ideology.

Good on you Shrox...

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 5:16 am

Lol, that group is the most ret*d thing I have ever seen. I'm sorry to use the r-word, I know I shouldn't use it, but I'm having trouble thinking of an adequate word right now.

I don't even get the purpose of the site really but clearly there is a lot of idiocy going on that is hard to sort through.

Good for your reporting. After all, by reporting you are just expressing your freedom of speech, right?

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2012, 5:55 am

Good point.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

shrox wrote:

As well you should. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

Call me blind and/or illiterate but in a quick look I didn’t see any hate messages there.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

Paulie_C wrote:
shrox wrote:

You have a right to get upset but it's freedom of speech that allows them the right to express their views. As misguided as their views may be, they are entitled to them and protected by your constitution, removing that facebook page (at least from everywhere but the US) would be construed as media censorship which is tantamount to anti-freedom and anti-liberty. You are getting upset over the very rights you seem to want to protect.

Sorry, you are wrong.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
Call me blind and/or illiterate but in a quick look I didn’t see any hate messages there.

Their slogan is rather hateful...

''Oderint dum metuant'' translates, roughly, as ''let them hate as long as they fear.'' It was a favorite saying of the Roman emperor Caligula.

He is also believe to have been insane, perhaps from syphilis. Great role model.