Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2012, 2:56 am

I think it would be interested if the community post their own theories for psychology/human behavior: examples: Why someone would develop Aspergers; Why or how society should behave; Why or how parents should behave; Why teens have difficulties cleaning their rooms; Why would someone be Asexual; If the "dumb" kids that were/are in our classroom are actually idiots, or are they bored?

You are all genius in your own ways, I think it would be very interesting if we discussed others theories, even our own.

Did you know that Society has labeled Aspergers as "Problem Solvers"?

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2012, 3:13 am

I'll start this off with my own little Theory of why someone would be Aspergers.

As it said in the Intense World Theory (Which I agree with http://www.wrongplanet.net/article419.html)
"The theory predicts that there are three factors in the cause of autism; a genetic predisposition, a toxic insult during pregnancy and environmental exposure after birth. Our genes normally switch on an off in a well-timed and precise sequence like the playing of a piece of music throughout life. Autism is a triggered acceleration of this cascade of gene expression during brain development. We believe toxins during pregnancy trigger this acceleration. Many possible genetic mutations can lower the threshold for triggering the accelerated cascade. Environmental exposure that normally accelerates brain development accelerates brain development even further in autistics making the brain too sensitive, too early.

The danger of accelerated brain development is that all the steps needed to complete the trimming down of the connections between neurons is not completed and that some microcircuits that should wait their turn to develop, develop too early and begin to dominate over the other microcircuits driving hyper-preferences, repetitiveness, idiosyncrasies and eventually making unlearning and rehabilitation very difficult. "

I think that we find certain concepts that help us deal with the world i.e. the typical two narrow concepts that we have. With these topics either chosen consciously or subconsciously, these topics in some cases almost literally keep us from suicide and/or severe depression.
My theory is that the reason we have two narrow subjects is to keep us sane and alive.

Also some may or may not develop Borderline Personality Disorder (me) or even full blown Personality Disorder if they loose interest altogether somewhere along the line.

Another theory is for ADD or ADHD. I think people with these syndromes were/are constantly afraid of life and it intense input "Intense World" so we subconsciously just learn to focus on what we want to focus on to, again, keep us sane.