What's your life goal?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2018, 11:18 pm

Understand the world, develop groundbreaking and cutting edge technologies, understand cybersecurity and hacking / tapping, form a band and allow the world to see a brighter tomorrow.

Nothing too ambitious, of course.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 7:19 pm

Gave up on all life goals around the time I

Came out as trans, San Diego 2004, homophobic

Flunked structural engineering

Autism diagnosis

Depression diagnosis

All within one year

Age 21

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2019, 3:05 pm

There are different layers to it.

I at least want to live alone with a cat in a secluded forested area with material security while not working for someone else.

I have an adolescent dream of becoming a successful commercial music artist . I've never stopped progressing, although social difficulties have made things slow.

I would, given the lack of obstacles, attempt to secure unilateral domination of the planet and all humans. I consider this a method more than a realistic goal. It's about evolving from helplessness and prostration before authority fed through my political obsessions. If I actually had this power, I would wield it to distribute resources more intelligently and focus on population reconditioning to evolve mankind from divisive and backwards internalized biases and cultural programming with the intent of preparing a unified species towards colonizing space in order to ensure with the greatest certainty possible the perpetuation of the species.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 8:44 pm

Graceful degradation

Damage control

:evil:

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 9:39 pm

My life goals are to become a successful singer, actor, and writer whereupon I'll have a sufficient amount of money to comfortably live off of, find someone to share the rest of my life with, raise a family, and to make Mermaids cool on a level similar to what Twilight did for vampires and werewolves (though hopefully better than that) or what The Walking Dead did for zombies.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 10:06 pm

While I don't want to sound depressing, I gave up on aims and goals when so many things happened... Things seemed to collapse around me. One thing I do want to do is move north, have an income (As no income is limiting) and that the income is not a struggle. Also then to get married... Umm. I think I need a willing lady for that one who will tolerate me and I am happy with her... :) She must tolerate trains! Haha.

I used to have very different goals. Starting a business and then expanding. Things like that. All that has gone. The want to do any of it. Also even the thought of stepping up the ladder in life no longer has any meaning to me.
The thought of marriage is nice. Two people looking after each other. Best friends. Lovers. Almost being married once did have me understand a lot of things. Concepts I had not thought about before.