Fellow Aspies, Need help with possible Sociopath.

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

Some people might be out of proportion or simply more sensitive or more temperamental, but those vs an ASPD are much easier to spot if you have an overall pattern of behaviour, which is what I am asking the OP for. I don't care about individual incidents but about the overall pattern.

If it is just temperamental or being sensitive, that would show up in an overall pattern. As would an ASPD.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 1:30 pm

Kjas wrote:
Some people might be out of proportion or simply more sensitive or more temperamental, but those vs an ASPD are much easier to spot if you have an overall pattern of behaviour, which is what I am asking the OP for. I don't care about individual incidents but about the overall pattern.

If it is just temperamental or being sensitive, that would show up in an overall pattern. As would an ASPD.

& how are you going to get "evidence that the features of the disorder onset in childhood or adolescence" or "evidence of Conduct Disorder".

or is that hiding history & hating animals & "shooting a flying rat (pigeon) as a pest".

Really should not be throwing round diagnosis. In my opinion from 1970 to now needs to be ripped out of the dsm book.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

Salome wrote:
You can never win with a sociopath!

If that is what he is then you need to break of contact in a way that wont make him suspicious.
You do not want an angry sociopath on your back!

Spot on.

The best thing you can do is engage with this person as little as possible.

The more they know about you - even tiny little things - the more they will f**k you up.

Do not take them on, you will not gain anything from it, and may lose a great deal.

And remember, you can only reason with reasonable people, and that simply isn't the case here.

Keep your distance!!

VeggieGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2012, 2:33 pm

If he bothers you, don't hang out with him. It actually seems stalker-ish to me that you have invested this much time in studying him.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

Salome wrote:
Alien100 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I must admit, I do not enjoy the digging of information that he does to others, and they are not aware of his tactics. As far as legal issues go, I did not mention his name, all I did was a such of public information on him, nothing more. He really treats people bad, I do not like it at all, but you are right, I should not label him just because, but I still do not feel right as to the way he treats people, if anybody is able to give him a taste of his own medicine it is me. But I respect allot of people on WP, and I respect your thoughts, so I will leave it be. But I really really want to get him, trust me, but I will hold back. The only time he appears normal is when he does not have a crowd, then he seems like an average person. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

You can never win with a sociopath!

If that is what he is then you need to break of contact in a way that wont make him suspicious.
You do not want an angry sociopath on your back!

She's right. Don't get sucked in to a battle of wits. If he is ASPD he will plow you over without a thought. Disassociation is prudent.

Alien100
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Mar 2012, 12:00 am

You guys are right to advise me to disengage contact, the problem is, he will not back off. Scary thing is, he is completly normal until he has the attention of others. He will target everyone in the group, but his complete focus will be on me way more than the others for some strange reason. I am not sure if you guys on WP have come into direct contact with a Sociopath. The feeling is almost evident. It really reminds me of the movie Unbreakable. lol. The playing games at night thing is easy to correct, but I believe the only reason he wants to play, is so that he can study my reactions more. Based on what I know about Sociopaths, yeah I will not win since he speaks so freely without any problem, as aspies more than likely suck at any verbal confrontation. Someone said he is probably trying to figure out if I am like him, but he knows I am extremely quiet, but he maybe feels some other connection with me, not sure if he feels we are almost the same. When he has his group, he targets me with intensity. As you know, Aspies try their best to stay away from groups in the first place, BUT!!, I usually try to walk away when I see him coming over, then he makes it worst, lol - Which he usually calls my name and say's, hey where you going? Please let me know what you guys would do in this situation. Maybe he is a Sociopath, maybe I have misdiagnosis this guy, which I am not trained to do in the first place, but if either of you were to engage with a person like this, I bet you would think other wise.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 1:27 am

Alien100 wrote:
You guys are right to advise me to disengage contact, the problem is, he will not back off. Scary thing is, he is completly normal until he has the attention of others. He will target everyone in the group, but his complete focus will be on me way more than the others for some strange reason. I am not sure if you guys on WP have come into direct contact with a Sociopath. The feeling is almost evident. It really reminds me of the movie Unbreakable. lol. The playing games at night thing is easy to correct, but I believe the only reason he wants to play, is so that he can study my reactions more. Based on what I know about Sociopaths, yeah I will not win since he speaks so freely without any problem, as aspies more than likely suck at any verbal confrontation. Someone said he is probably trying to figure out if I am like him, but he knows I am extremely quiet, but he maybe feels some other connection with me, not sure if he feels we are almost the same. When he has his group, he targets me with intensity. As you know, Aspies try their best to stay away from groups in the first place, BUT!!, I usually try to walk away when I see him coming over, then he makes it worst, lol - Which he usually calls my name and say's, hey where you going? Please let me know what you guys would do in this situation. Maybe he is a Sociopath, maybe I have misdiagnosis this guy, which I am not trained to do in the first place, but if either of you were to engage with a person like this, I bet you would think other wise.

VERY tough spot you are in. I have known ASPD's closely and worked with them. They are predators always and in all ways. Intelligent ASPD's are the most dangerous people alive. I know whereof I speak.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2012, 6:57 am

I also would suggest to let him figure you out and see if that makes him loose interest, if it doesn't WP is here fore more advise.

Also, I really suck at figuring people, even when described like you have done. Having said that and not to lessen the fact that it does sound like ASPD, I thought that maybe he likes you likes you...

This is not sarcasm or anything I just really am out of my zone with this topic

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 9:33 am

Alien100 wrote:

I think you are handling it, very well. All you can do, is try to limit your contact with this fellow inside and outside the workplace. I mean, you have other options: (1) you can leave or (2) you can report his behavior. I do NOT know the details of your situation BUT option (2) i can not recommend in all good consciousness.

What would i do ? I don't like to be toyed with.

His motivation is fear and control. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

TheSunAlsoRises

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Alien100 wrote:

I think you are handling it, very well. All you can do, is try to limit your contact with this fellow inside and outside the workplace. I mean, you have other options: (1) you can leave or (2) you can report his behavior. I do NOT know the details of your situation BUT option (2) i can not recommend in all good consciousness.

What would i do ? I don't like to be toyed with.

His motivation is fear and control. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

TheSunAlsoRises

Smoke and mirrors.....Have you seen stephen king's "it", OP? Don't try dealing with the guy you've met and played video games with, this guy doesn't exist . He's just a human shape the predator is using to get close to his preys. That insistent focus on you when he is probably manipulating other people around you is a bad sign, either he IS wondering if you get the sick joke, and you have a lonely sociopath on your hands who is mistaking your "different" displays of empathy for a mask, or you have a skilled sociopath who is all tickled by the "hidden " emotional responses he's guessing you don't show but feel . In that case , he's already torturing you the old fashion way: very empathetic people can be easier tortured by torturing others or pets in front of them , torture by proxy if you will?
Friend ..........run.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

Yes....run.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

Get the hell away from that guy.

You might give co-workers private advice about what you suspect, but there's really no way to take him down.

If you try, he will just f**k with you and make your life hell-- and he WILL win. He's very good at playing society games. You aren't. You have to get lucky every time you deal with him. He only has to get lucky once-- catch you making one mistake, catch you in one weak moment, find one person who has power over you that will be on his side instead.

My stepmom's sister is one of those people. I understand why you want to take him down-- I have regular, very pleasant, dreams about beating Mom's sister to death with a short-handled shovel, or better yet exposing her to the entire world.

Save yourself a nervous breakdown. GET AWAY.

Alien100
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Mar 2012, 8:48 pm

Thanks for all the replies friends, I guess I have been doing something right. He has been at this same behavior for about 2 years now, and nothing has changed. He get's highly upset when he cannot make sense of me beating him in video games, almost sometimes in a instant to wanting to fight, but to me it is not that serious. My supervisor told me the other day that he was going through my office desk, supposely looking for snacks, but I do not think that is what he was after, especially since he is so observative. I had a realestate agents card yesterday in my hand, and he was very interested in what I was doing.

p.s. If he knows, I am an Aspie, than he should know you will never beat an Aspie in a video game, it's impossible. lol

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 2:27 am

I've read the whole post and I have a question, so you are sure he doesn't hide the bad things he does to others from you, as if he wanted you to know?

Alien100
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Mar 2012, 2:44 am

HairlessAlbinoCat,

No, he definately tells me EVERYTHING!! He will tell me what he thinks about this person and that person when we are talking privately. He is usually right on. I believe Apsies can sense the emotion when talking to people, but can not actually tell what they mean, but I am sure Sociopaths can. He scans for weaknesses with very little effort. Do you think he is interested in me because he can sense something is different about me? Why is he so interested in me, as far as private conversations, invites me over after work. Does he think we share something in common, or does he have evil intentions.?

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

Alien100 wrote:
HairlessAlbinoCat,

No, he definately tells me EVERYTHING!! He will tell me what he thinks about this person and that person when we are talking privately. He is usually right on. I believe Apsies can sense the emotion when talking to people, but can not actually tell what they mean, but I am sure Sociopaths can. He scans for weaknesses with very little effort. Do you think he is interested in me because he can sense something is different about me? Why is he so interested in me, as far as private conversations, invites me over after work. Does he think we share something in common, or does he have evil intentions.?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f33ieCWRWlI&feature=related[/youtube]

TheSunAlsoRises