Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:48 am

from experience are the ages between 14-25 when your at your peak in terms of physical attractivness???

This may not always be true because some people seem too look better as they enter there 40's.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:49 am

Jamesy wrote:
from experience are the ages between 14-25 when your at your peak in terms of physical attractivness???

This may not always be true because some people seem too look better as they enter there 40's.

for 99% of people, yes.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:01 am

MXH but people say my dad has gotten better with age so that can't be true

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:29 am

Jamesy wrote:
MXH but people say my dad has gotten better with age so that can't be true

I said 99% no? That means theres a small margin that arent the same as the norm. Then again thats what people say, he may have been just unkempt in his youth and missed out on being a super hottie. Who knows.

Also why make a thread asking a question when you shoot down the first and only answer?

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 9:15 am

I don't think you can say that a person is most attractive at a particular age. You also have to factor in the person being attracted. When I was in my teens and twenties, women in their teens and twenties were most attractive to me. But now that I am in my 40s they look kind of... I guess the best term I can come up with is "not fully formed" There is something that seems unappealing in their youth. This doesn't apply in a uniform manner. There are some young people who are quite attractive, but generally I find women who are closer to my own age to be more attractive.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

Sean Connery gets better with age... 8)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:04 am

and so does dustin hoffman

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

I actually feel MORE attractive now at 50, than I did at 25.

Matt

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

I think your low end of 14 is too low. A 14 year old is generally only attractive to others that young but will look too young to (most) adults. Most people don't get their adult looks until 17-20. I also think your high end is too low. A lot of people reach their own personal best older than 25 (although that can only be known in retrospect). Some people take longer to grow into their attractiveness (growing out of acne, for example). Some people look most atractive when they finally find the personal style that suits them best instead of mimicing the fashions of those around them and some make health changes that greatly improve their looks. And then again, some people just look better when aged, like Sean Connery.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

jagatai wrote:
I don't think you can say that a person is most attractive at a particular age. You also have to factor in the person being attracted.

i agree with this. on one hand a lot of men might go after women who are 18 or 19 by default (OKCupid showed that men of ALL ages were most likely to message women of that age). on the other hand, people are individuals and they may find others of any possible age attractive. there are general trends, but that doesn't make it universal.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

here in india once the person gets married they gain quite a lot of weight and after pregnancy they are shapeless
so speaking in indian standards 99% of people are attractive before they are married from age 16-28
people usually dont maintain themself here....

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

jagatai wrote:
I don't think you can say that a person is most attractive at a particular age. You also have to factor in the person being attracted. When I was in my teens and twenties, women in their teens and twenties were most attractive to me. But now that I am in my 40s they look kind of... I guess the best term I can come up with is "not fully formed" There is something that seems unappealing in their youth. This doesn't apply in a uniform manner. There are some young people who are quite attractive, but generally I find women who are closer to my own age to be more attractive.
for reals. Back when I was a teenager I pptobably would have said something along the lines of "ugh, you mean I'm gonna have to date 30 year olds someday? Eww." now, I prefer them.

Plus, there's the part where I'm better looking now, at 30, than I've ever been. Granted, better looking doesn't necessarily translate to good looking, but still.

The media fetishizes youth. It's easy to forget that what the media presents does not necessarily represent the actual desires and preferences of the culture it belongs to.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 4:38 pm

mds_02 wrote:
jagatai wrote:
for reals. Back when I was a teenager I pptobably would have said something along the lines of "ugh, you mean I'm gonna have to date 30 year olds someday? Eww." now, I prefer them.

Plus, there's the part where I'm better looking now, at 30, than I've ever been. Granted, better looking doesn't necessarily translate to good looking, but still.

The media fetishizes youth. It's easy to forget that what the media presents does not necessarily represent the actual desires and preferences of the culture it belongs to.

i completely agree. this makes sense to me. i don't know if i am better or worse looking by other people's standards, but my self-esteem is way higher now than 20 years ago so that makes a huge difference.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 4:45 pm

I don't know, I tend to go for women who are 25 or over. I find maturity attractive

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 3:38 am

Keep in mind that ageing standards aren't the same for both genders. Ruggedness and wrinkles on men are attractive because they add a certain coarse or appeal of maturity to them whereas the standards on women are to look smooth and flawless so wrinkles and imperfections are exaggerated and seen as less attractive.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:25 am

So, should the question be what is your definition of attractiveness? and how relative is that to where you are in your life? Everything on here makes me think that what a person finds as attractive is more than just what a person looks like. My husband thinks I look better now at 46 than I did at 20, but we have a much closer relationship than we did then and I think that's a huge part of how he see's me physically. 8)

However, Sean Connery is hot for an old guy :D