New here, confused and entering the unknown.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:18 am

Hi Wrong Planet

A long story how I ended up here, recently discovered that I could have some form of Autism. Several counceling discussions that I have had conserns in such as educational stress, the inability to feel emotion, personality issues, sexuality issues and the basic lack of any social drive, or for work yet have an impressive level of qualifications. The counsoler suggested I have some form of Autism. And as I do, I researched the hell out of it and began noticing the little things that I have always done.

Rituals like structured eating habbits, I ean in a very ordered way, habbits including being unable to hold eye contact, conversations are always awkward. My daily routine consists of study, videogames, food in a very timed manner, I dont hold much regard for anything else, including personal hygene.

I only really hold two limited interests, one for my very high skill of computing, the ability to achieve very high marks at degree level is normally unheared of. The other video games, and everything to do with and thats just it theres nothing else despite searching for other interests. Theres a number of skills that I lost, the ability to ride a bike, the ability to swim, and I often forget the ability to even tie my own shoe laces.

Apprantly the tics could be a form of stereotypy behavour, I am a chronic nail biter and again, it is a form of self-injury behavour I can't break out of, when bored or I cant achieve from my ritual, I often have essentric behavoural patterns to cope buing unable to do anything from my rituals. I am extremely resistant to change, it still feels weird being thin, if an obstical of any form gets in my way, I get very agitated and do anything in my power to remove it, even if theres nothing I can do about it.

My mind is rarely calm and find sleeping difficult, my mind is often contemplating problems to be fixed, soloutions to stuff or my mind is on the last video game I played. These are often coupled with frequent dreaming of these and often wake up frequently.

In the mean time, I have taken steps to see a psycological professional on this matter, and other matters relating to what a mess my head is.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

Welcome. You like LBP, I see.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 6:39 pm

Sparx wrote:
Welcome. You like LBP, I see.

Yes I do, it is one of many game obsessions I have, the clue is in the name! :lol: 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

Wow - the different coloured font is a bit of a surprise and a shock to the system!

Welcome to WP, by the way. I hope you like it here. :)

I see you're based in Wales. Whereabouts? If you don't want to, that's OK.

Just a quick suggestion about not being able to tie your own shoelaces: you can buy Velcro ones if this is something that is really bothering you. I wear them. :)

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 1:23 am

Welcome to WP, i your purple font, a lot of people are friendly here :) Can i ask what kind of games you tend to play? My days exist out of routines too, including videogames, but i also exercise a lot because well exercising seems to be my obsession xD I had a friend who also bited? bit? *grammar fail sorry* and if you ever have trouble opening a can you can use a coin, i know its dorky advice but i thought it might come in handy if you ever want a coca cola from a can :o

Anyway, have a nice day!

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:13 am

Tequila wrote:
Wow - the different coloured font is a bit of a surprise and a shock to the system!

Welcome to WP, by the way. I hope you like it here. :)

I see you're based in Wales. Whereabouts? If you don't want to, that's OK.

Just a quick suggestion about not being able to tie your own shoelaces: you can buy Velcro ones if this is something that is really bothering you. I wear them. :)

I'll just say somewhere deep within the welsh vally's (spell fail :lol:)

I actually have slip on elasticated shoes, which I prefer to wear.

Moonhawk wrote:
Welcome to WP, i your purple font, a lot of people are friendly here :) Can i ask what kind of games you tend to play? My days exist out of routines too, including videogames, but i also exercise a lot because well exercising seems to be my obsession xD I had a friend who also bited? bit? *grammar fail sorry* and if you ever have trouble opening a can you can use a coin, i know its dorky advice but i thought it might come in handy if you ever want a coca cola from a can :o

Anyway, have a nice day!

I play usually anything, I mostly play FPS's, Platformers - Being a huge ratchet and clank fan, ant there puzzle games like tetris and lumines that I suprisingly do well in. My gaming rituals is that I play one game for 30 minutes and move on to the next, I do this with all games and the same order until the game is complete.

I too had an excersise obcession. I did have a history of health problems and as I look back, that too was also ritualistic. Moving between cardio, weights, rest and repeat that three times, within a timespan of three hours over three days a week. Hm... the number three seems quite significant...

Ah I use the handle end of nail clippers to open cans, heh... a deadly device indeed :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage