Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Mar 2012, 4:28 am

goodwitchy wrote:
The best way out is to lie if you can. Since I stink at lying, I don't doubt I could get selected to serve again.

Best to make-up a story that's related to what the trial may be about. If it's for a drunk-driver, say you were in a car-wreck with your best friend who died because you guys were hit by a drunk driver, if it's about a sexual assault, say you were raped as a kid, if it's about someone committing a murder, say a relative of yours was murdered ect.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

nick007 wrote:
Has anyone besides Peter Griffin, Stan Smith & Steve Urkel ever been exited to get jury duty :?:

I was very excited :) I was also one of the most vocal about my excitement during jury selection

0verload
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2012, 3:59 am

This used to infuriate me. Thinking about it now though, I probably wouldn't mind doing it just once. Something tells me I wouldn't be too bad at it. Maybe I've just been watching too much Mentalist. If they go by your voting record, well, I've never voted, and don't plan to.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 8:30 am

I have heard rumors that they use DMV records now since people were avoiding registering to vote in order to get out of jury duty and they didn't want people avoiding jury duty to cause them to not vote (so that would include if you have a non-driving ID from the DMV)

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 8:38 am

infinitenull wrote:
I have heard rumors that they use DMV records now since people were avoiding registering to vote in order to get out of jury duty and they didn't want people avoiding jury duty to cause them to not vote (so that would include if you have a non-driving ID from the DMV)

I registered to vote once but never voted.

If you have to have an id that isn't expired then I couldn't do it. My id expired almost a decade ago and they won't give me a new one.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 8:54 am

hanyo wrote:
infinitenull wrote:

I registered to vote once but never voted.

If you have to have an id that isn't expired then I couldn't do it. My id expired almost a decade ago and they won't give me a new one.

Chances are, since it is expired they wouldn't know where to send your summons to. So you are probably pretty safe! lol