Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Pokelover14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2012, 8:40 pm

I am 15 and have been flapping my hands on my head while making a weird face uncontrolably for my whole life. I do it when excited. In public and in private sometimes people tease me but I don't care. I flap my hands about 100+ times a day I dont even know when I do it. I also rock back and forth a few times a day. I rock for a long time (like hours on end while I'm playing video games or watching tv). People have told me I walk weird or to fast and I get teased a lot weather it is at church or at a get together I am always the odd ball. Does anyone else feel the same way?

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

I would bet 99% of Aspies have been teased at some point in their lives.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

I've been getting teased ever since I was in Grade 1.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 10:57 pm

By my parents, my brothers, co-workers, strangers, and so called friends.

SkyHeart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2012, 11:12 pm

yes

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 7:30 am

I do, but I don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

I get teased by other young NTs because I don't go out clubbing (which is why it's getting to me so much).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 2:16 pm

When I was a kid and a teen I did. Now my dad and my uncles are the only one that tease but they do that to everyone. My boss teases me too and I am always taking him seriously.

Killman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

I did almost all the time at school. Elementary was a nightmare. It wasn't until I was put in a special education program that things got a little better. People still did it though. I don't get teased now because I never interact with people, except friends and family.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 3:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've been getting teased ever since I was in Grade 1.

I hated primary school. I always hoped grammar school would get better, but I simply stopped being myself. ^^

Joe90 wrote:
I get teased by other young NTs because I don't go out clubbing (which is why it's getting to me so much).

:lol: It's so sad, actually. Why should going clubbing be an accomplishment? But well, it's also something people have occasionally teased me for. "Haha, she'd never go out clubbing". It makes you wonder...

Killman wrote:
I did almost all the time at school. Elementary was a nightmare. It wasn't until I was put in a special education program that things got a little better. People still did it though. I don't get teased now because I never interact with people, except friends and family.

Yeah, there are ways to avoid teasing. You reduce the chances to get teased. I don't interact with people a lot and I consciously avoid particular kinds of people. Or groups in general. Ugh, groups...

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

Map12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2012, 5:20 pm

Yes I was teased in school because I always wore hoodies. I've been called names like "Hood Girl" and "Hoodlum".

I'm a girl

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2012, 11:13 pm

Not quite as often anymore, but yes I did get teased a lot - when I would read books, I'd get so into visualizing what I was reading that I'd start tapping my fingers on the pages and making weird noises. I remember people asking me why I would do this, and I didn't know how to explain that I was NOT aware I was doing it in the first place.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

All the time as a kid and it was usualy mean-spirited. If I'm teased as an adult, I'm not aware of it. People say the stupidest things so I'm not sure if they are trying to be malilcious or "funny". I usualy just stand there in silence like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0&ob=av3e , trying to figure out what they mean or if they really are trying to be mean. They usualy say they were trying to make a joke or try to explain what they were trying to say.

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Mar 2012, 7:24 am

This is me, exactly.

MagicMeerkat wrote:
All the time as a kid and it was usualy mean-spirited. If I'm teased as an adult, I'm not aware of it. People say the stupidest things so I'm not sure if they are trying to be malilcious or "funny". I usualy just stand there in silence like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0&ob=av3e , trying to figure out what they mean or if they really are trying to be mean. They usualy say they were trying to make a joke or try to explain what they were trying to say.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

I was teased from Grades K-8.

Beginning when I began high school, my family began to tease me a lot
and they still do today.