Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 7:19 pm

Anyone in Drama club?

Wanna share any experiences?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 7:24 pm

I was in drama and the yearbook staff in the 8th grade. We had to do some pantomiming, and I acted like I was in a compression chamber.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 7:30 pm

I was in a play in high school (the only one I've ever been in) and I got to play the youngest child. I also had the last line of the play, which was:

"Maintenant, c'est VRAIMENT vous qui l'avez tué!"

which means:

"Now you've REALLY killed him!" after a fake gun was fired backstage.

I was REALLY good at memorizing the lines.

Once, during a showing one afternoon, a bee flew onto the stage. I'm scared of them, like, I have a PHOBIA of them. The buzzing freaks me out. So it lands on the stage, right beside where I have to be sitting, and I choke on my line.
Another actor in the play improvises for me, saying, "Oh my goodness, it's a BEE" and gives me a look, like, "LINE!" But, not being a great improvisor, I grab the closest object (a book) and SLAM it down on the insect. Needless to say, it was a bit of comic relief for the audience... :lol:

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 8:00 pm

DrowningMedusa wrote:
I was in a play in high school (the only one I've ever been in) and I got to play the youngest child. I also had the last line of the play, which was:

"Maintenant, c'est VRAIMENT vous qui l'avez tué!"

which means:

"Now you've REALLY killed him!" after a fake gun was fired backstage.

I was REALLY good at memorizing the lines.

Once, during a showing one afternoon, a bee flew onto the stage. I'm scared of them, like, I have a PHOBIA of them. The buzzing freaks me out. So it lands on the stage, right beside where I have to be sitting, and I choke on my line.
Another actor in the play improvises for me, saying, "Oh my goodness, it's a BEE" and gives me a look, like, "LINE!" But, not being a great improvisor, I grab the closest object (a book) and SLAM it down on the insect. Needless to say, it was a bit of comic relief for the audience... :lol:

Thats so cool!

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2006, 9:49 pm

I'm in Drama class and Drama club and I totally love both. Drama club gives me something to do that really suits my interests (interacting with people is among my aspie interests- yes, even if you aren't very good at it, that can be an aspie interest), and Drama class is just fun. In Drama class I and a group of my classmates are supposed to be reworking fairy tales as really weird plays, and in our group we've decided to do a version of sleeping beauty in which the witch is a Homer Simpson-like idiot and Sleeping Beauty is a lesbian. That's going pretty well so far.
In Drama club I'm playing Dogberry the idiot constable in "Much Ado About Nothing", and I'm working on memorizing my lines, which are going to be really funny if I deliver them right. (I have to have them all down in a week's time). I'm pretty content with it, especially since most of the people at school who I really like talking to are in Drama club,.

JDM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Nov 2006, 11:24 am

I was in drama club in high school. It was a great experience- it was one of the groups in high school where "weird" people were accepted.