Tell me about successful aspies you know of.

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2012, 9:00 am

Paddy Considine is a favorite of mine

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 9:16 am

I also think that finding the niche is important, perhaps more so for autistics. I have a job that pays well, but I'm not satisfied entirely, as I lack motivation and can't see how I could improve myself. I miss an own family very much. Although I don't know if I have the capacity to actually be in a relationship and have kids without overload, but it would be fun, I guess. So I miss it, admittedly with a little bit of jealousy. I feel somehow I haven't hit the high expectations that my family and I harbored against me.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 9:28 am

Oh, only talking about myself again... I don't know people around myself who both at least have some Aspie traits and are successful. All of them have problems in their lives, relationships, with their kids, or otherwise. It's a matter of subjectivity, though, much depending on how you look at them. It worths to note that some of them are good at disguising their issues, putting up a facade, so Aspies / autistics should not worry too much when they compare themselves to peers, as they are usually more honest with their own issues than them. Well, no relationship or work is perfect.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 11:21 am

The only man who can measure the success of a man is himself. .

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

Ganondox wrote:

Right on.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

Ganondox wrote:

Damn! Then I'm a complete failure :cry:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

OJani wrote:
Oh, only talking about myself again... I don't know people around myself who both at least have some Aspie traits and are successful. All of them have problems in their lives, relationships, with their kids, or otherwise. It's a matter of subjectivity, though, much depending on how you look at them. It worths to note that some of them are good at disguising their issues, putting up a facade, so Aspies / autistics should not worry too much when they compare themselves to peers, as they are usually more honest with their own issues than them. Well, no relationship or work is perfect.

Yes. The world champion aspies I showed earlier in this thread, if you look into their expression, it is troubled to say the least

To say the most, these aspies below were world champions too, but they died due to their autistic troubles and drug addictions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Irons

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

Well, the creator of Pokémon has Asperger's.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Toxicity
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

Craig Nicholls - The lead singer of The Vines is pretty sucessful and has Asperger's Syndrome

weird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

Bill Hicks was a aspie? News to me.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 7:09 pm

weird wrote:
Bill Hicks was a aspie? News to me.

there are many more

star quarterbacks are often aspie, and many artists too, many are just too high functioning to be acknowledged as having difficulties related to autism

AnOldHFA
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2012, 9:08 pm

When I was 20 I just wanted to do a simple experiment to prove to myself I was not what I had been told all my life. I just wanted to take a dieing resturant and make it busy. One thing lead to the next and I keep accepting new tasks as bigger experiments. By my twenty second birthday I had taken the small resturant and was grossing over a half million. Not bad for 1984. That was enough to prove I was not a total looser. The comapny I worked for gave me lots of power. I worked with the police to help protect people.

The police chief won an award for lowering crime. As he accepted the award he said it was me who the credit belonged. That is when the freak show really grew.

During that year I had offers to manage resturant chains for hundreds of thousands and a few for a few million. I was offered a resturant chain just for taking it over.I was being forced to be a poliitian and they wanted me to run for Govenor of Florida as my fisrt office, at 22 and president when I was old enough. I was told there were 3 to 4 million who would vote for me and I never once said I wanted to, infect, I told people I don't want to be a polititian. It was a real freak show.... They said it was becasue I stood up for each person and didn't have favorites. I was told that the govenor said I had more power than he did.

I came from a disfunctial family, did not finish high school and had so many school teacher write me off. I have to be a savant

It would not supprise me if most think that is bragging, but I never understood how it happened. I am very autistic. I belived and still do that I am a savant. I disliked all the attention and being put on a very high pedistal.

Something happened and it ended before I started being what the people wanted.

The truth is an autistic perosn could be beliveed in and wanted as a political leader, be a successful busines person and like by millions.

The funnist part, money and power mean nothing to me. What I had built up ment nothing. The only parts I liked was seeing people smile and to have power to help those who needed it.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 12:09 am

Thats a great story dude, thank you. So much potential in many aspies.....