Free Sterilizations Must be Offered to All College Women(HHS

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

Quote:
(CNSNews.com) - All student health care plans covering female college students in the United States must include coverage for free voluntary sterilization surgery, the Department of Health and Human Services announced late Friday afternoon.

Women of college age who do not attend school will also get free sterilization coverage whether they are insured through an employer, their parents, or some form of government-subsidized plan.

All student health plans, HHS said Friday as it finalized a new regulation under the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare) must cover the full set of cost-free women’s “preventive services” that HHS ordered last month must be covered by all U.S. health care plans.

These free “preventive services” include surgical sterilization procedures and all Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptives, including those that cause abortions.

“These preventive health services include, with respect to women, preventive care and screening provided for in the comprehensive guidelines supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) that were issued on August 1, 2011,” HHS said in a request for comments about how the new regulation will be implemented.

[edit: truncated by moderator for copyright reasons]

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

Have sex, get free stuff.

Also nice that we don't want our college graduates to have kids.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

It's health insurance coverage guidlines, not "free stuff". Those lies didnt work for Rush Limbaugh so I don't know why you think you'll get away with it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 11:59 am

Interesting... most doctors won't sterilize a woman that's under 30 and/or has less than 2 children.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 6:25 am

Is anyone forcing anyone else to be sterilized?

ruveyn

Ellendra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2012, 11:13 am

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Give it time. Human nature is very consistant in that regard.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:49 am

Ellendra wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

In what countries? There is no forced sterilization in the advanced industrial countries.

ruveyn

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 8:32 am

It makes no sense that health insurance plans cover pre-natal care and delivery of babies, but refuse to cover sterilization. Hello? The "snip" for a man is about $500 dollars, versus thousands of dollars to deliver a child.
Plus, there are family health insurance plans that cost the same regardless of whether a couple has one child or fifteen. So basically, the insurance company would rather pay the medical bills of a "whoops" extra child for 18 (or more) years rather than pay $500 dollars. That is a bad business practice for the company and the consumer.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2012, 3:21 pm

It should be illegal to have a sterilization... It's genocide... they aren't even giving these kids the chance to breed and continue their lineage... it's f*****g ridiculous... Time for an overthrow of Government... Can we really put up with this? College is too early to be making those decisions and they should never be made in any case... It simply can't be justified. It is the exact opposite of Justice. It's coercive genocide. This s**t needs to stop... Being human used to be an honorable thing... now it's genocidal... I almost don't want to count myself among humans if they are going to do s**t like this!

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
It makes no sense that health insurance plans cover pre-natal care and delivery of babies, but refuse to cover sterilization. Hello? The "snip" for a man is about $500 dollars, versus thousands of dollars to deliver a child.
Plus, there are family health insurance plans that cost the same regardless of whether a couple has one child or fifteen. So basically, the insurance company would rather pay the medical bills of a "whoops" extra child for 18 (or more) years rather than pay $500 dollars. That is a bad business practice for the company and the consumer.

It's an ethical concern, not one of money. I don't know what to tell you, but you are really far from ethical and you need a reality check.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 3:49 pm

webcam wrote:
It should be illegal to have a sterilization... It's genocide... they aren't even giving these kids the chance to breed and continue their lineage... it's f***ing ridiculous... Time for an overthrow of Government... Can we really put up with this? College is too early to be making those decisions and they should never be made in any case... It simply can't be justified. It is the exact opposite of Justice. It's coercive genocide. This sh** needs to stop... Being human used to be an honorable thing... now it's genocidal... I almost don't want to count myself among humans if they are going to do sh** like this!

How is it genocide if:
a. No person is conceived to be killed in the first place.
b. it's totally voluntary?

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2012, 4:02 pm

The reproductive system of a female adult is not only "for" having children. It's also "for" preserving the overall health of the individual and there are many disorders of the reproductive system as well as greater body system that can make something like hysterectomy (a major form of sterilization) medically advisable/necessary as a preventive measure against very not good things.

Wikipedia on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterectomy#Indications

I was going to post the whole section but I thought no need to get into the graphic details.

12 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Ellendra wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

In what countries? There is no forced sterilization in the advanced industrial countries.

ruveyn

Well, there certainly was forced sterilization here in the US through the 1960s. Things like this are but a gateway to reinstating it.

Please do tell me, oh mr libertarian, just exactly WHY the state should pay for an expensive surgical operation that is completely unnecessary for the life and health of Most women. Not only must sterilization remain voluntary, it must be a service provided by a private entity for a monetary fee.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

LiberalJustice, please shorten the article you posted so that it is just an excerpt (for copyright reasons). you can provide a link so that people can read the rest. thank you.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2012, 4:46 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
webcam wrote:
It should be illegal to have a sterilization... It's genocide... they aren't even giving these kids the chance to breed and continue their lineage... it's f***ing ridiculous... Time for an overthrow of Government... Can we really put up with this? College is too early to be making those decisions and they should never be made in any case... It simply can't be justified. It is the exact opposite of Justice. It's coercive genocide. This sh** needs to stop... Being human used to be an honorable thing... now it's genocidal... I almost don't want to count myself among humans if they are going to do sh** like this!

How is it genocide if:
a. No person is conceived to be killed in the first place.
b. it's totally voluntary?

The literal and etymological meaning of the word genocide is "to cut within the category." So if a college student can no longer have kids an entire category has been destroyed. It's genocide. Is it really voluntary if we teach people that it's right? If they are never taught how much of an insult it is to have one's reproductive capacity taken from them, is that not both conspiracy and coercion? Do you like those things? I imagine that being a woman it has been forced down your throat from the time you were a kid that it would be ok to not have kids and to be free to be a woman with no responsibility for children. Sometime the people closest to you can talk you into and teach you to accept horrible things, and sometimes, esp. when there is mass media, a whole society can do it. Your social isolation has kept you from living a full life. People have devalued women as people and you as a woman accept it and so many more don't even realize how bad that is because our culture promotes otherwise. Who will look upon you in the future, who will you have to pass on your life's work to? What does it mean that your genetics have been taken out of the gene pool? What does it mean to you? Have you thought about it?

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Ellendra wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

ruveyn

Well, there certainly was forced sterilization here in the US through the 1960s. Things like this are but a gateway to reinstating it.

Please do tell me, oh mr libertarian, just exactly WHY the state should pay for an expensive surgical operation that is completely unnecessary for the life and health of Most women. Not only must sterilization remain voluntary, it must be a service provided by a private entity for a monetary fee.

We did forced sterilizations? Why? To who? I really hope my great grand parents didn't have anything to do with this... I wouldn't want to bear the shame. If only people lived long enough to care about what the future would think. If only they had to live with their decisions forever.