amusing slice of time before I realized I had the AS

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

veridicus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Nov 2006, 4:40 pm

This is before I gave up on Myspace altogether after realizing it was going to be "too difficult" for me...
Me to cool chick on my list I'd only spoken to once or twice: "Have you ever experienced a "hyper-trophied sense of meaning"? That's not my way of hitting on you by the way..."
No response from cool chick...
Next day there is a comment from one of her cool-chick friends on her page along the lines of "because you know the ladies are just dying to find someone who speaks like a Vulcan"

I just have to laugh at myself though I was pretty humiliated at the time. I don't know why I say the things I do. But it can be pretty funny. I'm guessing it is AS that is allowing me to even consider that this would be worth sharing here, now. It never ends...

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2006, 5:24 pm

What can one say?

Live long and prosper.

lizmcg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2006, 5:24 pm

Hmmm. Now, as an Aspie, it's obvious that I'm not and never have been what is usually considered a "cool chick," but at least I'm a chick. I would have responded to your post, if only because it's not shallow and ordinary and shows you have a functioning mind. Also to ask what the heck the question means. :lol:

It's one way of finding the Aspie chicks, I guess. But maybe that's not what you want. :twisted:

I've gone through life kicking myself for some of the things I say, but what the heck. Some people find it amusing, in a positive way. And after all, we have to put up with the boring, meaningless, self-centered, vapid, space-filling talk that supposedly "normal" people produce, so it's only fair to get our revenge, eh?

Enjoy.

Wake up, America, and smell the dictatorship!

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2006, 5:36 pm

Don't feel bad!

A lot on Myspace is basically a popularity contest anyway. Ever see all the people with the 500+ friends and the tons of messages that simply say "have a nice day!" and "xoxoxoxoxo" and other junk? Not actually providing information of real significance? Simply garbage! :x

veridicus

02 Nov 2006, 5:41 pm

Enjoy.
I guess I have to. There must be some level of enjoyment somewhere b/c otherwise I guess I wouldn't end up saying the things I do. I once had the conceit of referring to myself as "the eminently quotable", though of course it ain't true.

AS to what the question meant....LOOOOOONG story...

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2006, 12:30 am

veridicus wrote:
Enjoy.
I guess I have to. There must be some level of enjoyment somewhere b/c otherwise I guess I wouldn't end up saying the things I do. I once had the conceit of referring to myself as "the eminently quotable", though of course it ain't true.

AS to what the question meant....LOOOOOONG story...

Quotable :P

Personally the enjoyment for me comes with using words in ways I haven't heard or read, its a small aspect of my sense of self, granted it freaks some people out, but they're not the sort of people I'd like to be conversing with anyhow.

fujikochan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Nov 2006, 1:42 am

lizmcg: Yay! Dark Shadows avatar...

I have similar issues with MySpace. My original goal of "adding people I know and like IRL" has become something more like "adding people I know and like IRL, that I can stand on the Internet, and can spell with some decency."

After so many "Thanks for adding me!" blinkies and other crap, enough is enough.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2006, 9:12 pm

Awww, to heck with MySpace, and all the imitators ! !! Yer on the best forum in all of the Internet ! !! Chat here, then go out and talk to girls in the 'real' world.

DUDE ! !! !

Kineticosm

04 Nov 2006, 9:32 pm

If I knew what love felt like, I'm pretty sure I'd feel it towards aspies. You guys are the best group of people I've ever encountered in my entire life.

"We have to put up with the boring, meaningless, self-centered, vapid, space-filling talk that supposedly "normal" people produce"

" Ever see all the people with the 500+ friends and the tons of messages that simply say "have a nice day!" and "xoxoxoxoxo" and other junk? Not actually providing information of real significance? Simply garbage!"

"I have similar issues with MySpace. My original goal of "adding people I know and like IRL" has become something more like "adding people I know and like IRL, that I can stand on the Internet, and can spell with some decency."

And I fell out of my chair laughing after that last one. Because it's so true.

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Nov 2006, 9:51 am

Hey, I'm NT (and a possibly cool-ish chick...) and I would have responded to that! I don't know what it means but it's a heck of a lot more interesting than anything most NT men have to say, and it's definitely a conversation-starter.

But Hey, I'm already with an Aspie... there must be more of us out there though? I can't imagine being with an NT man without being mindlessly bored...