Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 10:16 pm

last week i found 2 tamales at the bus stop. yeah i know they could have been poisoned. but ate them anyways.

2 days afterward, wasted 90 minutes on the toilet. 3 times. only succeeded once.

so thinking about that failure discourages binging.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 10:21 pm

since giving up sugar/corn/wheat/barley/rye/oats/most potatoes/most oils, I haven't had a real problem with constipation. Image mebbe it will work for other people as well?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 10:39 pm

since giving up sugar/corn/wheat/barley/rye/oats/most potatoes/most oils, I haven't had a real problem with constipation. Image mebbe it will work for other people as well?
_________________________________________________________________________________________

potatoes i eat a lot of. used to eat 4 servings of Japanese yams per day. now, working on lowering it to 4 servings every Sunday, and 2 servings, average, each of the other days.

but i ain't the nutritional gatekeeper in my jail cell. yes, i could choose to eat other things. but choices extremely limited.

yams are delicious. starchy. warm. savory. i love yams. i love potatoes. but yeah i know. carbohydrates. sugar. starch. should not eat so many potatoes.

the rest of the above merchandise, i do not eat a lot of.

unless, of course, you count sugar.

used to eat 2 Clif bars a day and 1 butterfinger. but that ended up as way too much sugar.

now it's 1 serving total of candy. kit kat/whoppers/chocolate. not much variety. kit kat has 22 grams sugar each. only supposed to eat 25 gram sugar per day. but that's ideal. and not many people are ideal. and they are still more or less asymptomatic.

inari sushi. 4 pieces. deep fried tofu. sushi rice. sugar and vinegar. ginger, lettuce, wasabi. apparrantly 4 pieces contain 22 grams sugar. same amount as a kit kat. but inari sushi is much less sweet than kit kat. but whatever. inari sushi takes up more volume (size) than kit kat. but not by much.

anyways, inari sushi cost 5 dollars for 4 pieces at safeway. 7 dollars at one whole foods and 8 dollars at a different whole foods.

trying to cut back on inari sushi.

but. love. inari. sushi.

the rest is 9 total servings fruit and veg a day. often more.

sometimes eat cereal. now that quit Clif bars and luna bars. cereal has about 10 grams sugar each serving. much less sweet than clif bar. and fewer calories too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 10:47 pm

that's a start :wtg:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 10:50 pm

that's a start :wtg:

yeah but i am still eating too much sugar. and i feel exhausted. tired. fatigued. anemic. and et cetera. profoundly tired. feel like Adrenal Fatigue. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

and i know i should spend less time on the computer, but what else is there to do when i am on the toilet? especially since it takes 30 minutes to 2 hours often. and 3x/day.

and what else is there to do when i am in my jail cell?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 11:58 pm

^^^ "Jail cell" :huh:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:10 am

I binged lately and now I'm gaining weight and really need to stop. I will not eat today. I promise myself I won't eat today, to make up for the too-much I ate yesterday.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:13 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
I binged lately and now I'm gaining weight and really need to stop. I will not eat today. I promise myself I won't eat today, to make up for the too-much I ate yesterday.

with respect, that is not going to be good for you. please don't starve yourself because that will cause a rebound. I've been there, I know.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:16 am

Okay, I will eat an orange and an apple today. And some coffee.

I also eat to stuff my feelings, like someone else in this thread said. I feel taken care of when I eat something well made, like I'm surrounded by competence.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:17 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Okay, I will eat an orange and an apple today. And some coffee. I also eat to stuff my feelings, like someone else in this thread said. I feel taken care of when I eat something well made, like I'm surrounded by competence.

good to hear you're getting adequate nutrition. :flower: yeh, when my tongue and palate feels love, the rest of me feels loved as well.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:19 am

Sometimes I also mindlessly munch because I need something to do with my hands. I write more now so I don't do that any more... I usually carry a notebook and pen with me and just write when I need to do something with my hands.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:26 am

when i'm hungry I take that as a signal to get busy with some physical activity that doesn't take too much brainpower, as when i'm hungry my thinker tends to go on strike until it gets some glucose.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:28 am

That's a good idea... I sometimes try to distract myself when I'm hungry... I even went so far one day as to make a list of things to do instead of eat...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:32 am

clever about the to-do list :study: I also choose snack foods that stick to the ribs as much as possible, slow-metabolizing stuff. coconut milk [the pure thick stuff in the can], sharp cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes and real butter [NOT margarine which is an artery clogger], proteins in general.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:41 am

I hate the taste of margarine and it's apparently one molecule away from being plastic. Yet people think it's so much healthier than butter... people have something wrong with them, I swear.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:49 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
I hate the taste of margarine and it's apparently one molecule away from being plastic. Yet people think it's so much healthier than butter... people have something wrong with them, I swear.

not really that people are wrong in the brain but that the American food propagandists are so powerfully persuasive. lord knows the cumulative damage and lost lifetimes of the millions who were victims of Crisco [an industrial lubricant pressed into food service to counter lard which was perceived as being less healthy].