Eating the same thing for days...

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

I do occasionally :?

I'm not sure I do it out of desire though :?. For example, I can enjoy stuff made with canned tuna, and I saw it on on sale today and bought like 8 cans... so I'll be eating a lot of tuna for at least a week or so because I'm kinda broke :P

Although I try making what I buy in different ways now. I like tuna because it has some easy applications... and some are quite awezome :D

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

I put a lot of spinach and celery in my tuna. I've been growing my own spinach for a few years now and am thinking of trying celery. We eat a lot of tuna salad around here. It's like a power food and it's cheap. I always buy the store brand albacore. It's like a slice of fish whereas the more expensive brands are mush.

Is anyone very worried about mercury?

itsymama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2012, 9:20 pm

I do this all of the time!

It usually goes in waves, it'll be chicken tacos for dinner and lunch every day for over a month, then it'll switch and I'll go through bags of the same candy for weeks, then it'll switch again for a few weeks etc.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Mar 2012, 9:22 pm

i'm basically been eating the same thing everyday untill payday. sucks, :pig:

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 12:06 am

I do sometimes eat the same thing for days in a row but for different reasons. For instance, I would make a big pot of curry and have curry for days. Sometimes I get into a phase where I would enjoy eating ___ so much I would have it for consecutive days. In the morning I always have black coffee and bagel because it's convenient (thank you breakfast cart guy). I have a friend who is also an aspie, he always has chicken fingers for lunch bc he loves them.

Shadewraith
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2012, 6:01 am

I usually start craving textures and stick with that texture for a long time. I also tend to drink the same thing for months on end. I've been drinking Syfo for 7 months now.

summat
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

I do this. Have done it for years. Don't see what's so odd about it but various people in my experience have considered it a sign of aspergers. I don't understand it though. People at my old job and family would always be talking about trying different food and recipes and "oooh i didn't like that" and "ooh it's not bad but takes too long to cook". I don't see the point. I know what I like and can't be bothered experimenting with other things which i will, in all probability, not like as much.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm

I always eat the same every day except for dinner :o i've been doing that for years now because it works for me.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 1:07 pm

I'll get on a "kick" for a certain food and be on it for days or weeks even. For a while it was chicken and stars soup, Campbells only and without the can of water added to it. Heated up in the microwave for two minutes and then with a lot of Ritz crackers added. Sometimes I'd add those small dinner rolls, or saltines, but usually Ritz.

Right now I'm into Healthy Choice frozen dinners. I like a variety of them though, although for a while I would eat a Boston Market brand country fried steak frozen dinner every night, no matter what I had cooked for supper for everybody else.

I also like to eat it in bed, while reading my book. I like to eat it with a spoon and using actual plates or bowls and not the plastic stuff it comes in.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

GrimmRomance wrote:
I eat toasted whole-grain bread with crunchy peanut butter and banana slices every single morning, and have done so for years. It's still delicious.

I eat un-toasted wheat sandwich bread, one slice, topped with peanut butter and sliced bananas and drizzled with honey. I add a tiny bit of salt too. Just a very tiny bit. I eat this every day, unless I skip breakfast.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

Not dinner. Breakfast and lunch, yes, but not dinner. I can have a meal for dinner then eat the leftovers for breakfast AND lunch the next day, but not 2 of the same dinner in a row.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 8:19 pm

Same as wearing the same clothes everyday.

Ah, how I love routine.

Not always, as I'm bound to what my mother makes, but I do have a say (thanks ma!).

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 3:02 am

Top Ramin or Macaroni and Cheese cheap delicious and filling at the same time.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:47 am

Every day, my first coffee is made different to all the other coffee I have during the day and I have a routine way of enjoying it too 8)
On work days, my lunch is exactly the same every day except the fruit can be different...as long as there are 3 serves of it.
If I ever order lunch from the canteen, which I try to avoid as much as possible, I'll only ever have a toasted ham, cheese & tomato sandwich & I still bring my 3 serves of fruit & drink from home.
I never, ever drink coffee at work.
Dinner is often cup noodles, though I'm flexible.
On non work days, I tend to forget to eat at all...but I drink lots of coffee! :lol:

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

Cinnamon Raisin Bagels for breakfast every morning. Sometimes I'll eat them for lunch as well.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Mar 2015, 3:56 pm

I live on my own and cook for myself so I usually end up making something and then eating it the next couple days. It doesn't have anything to do with routine, its just convenience and the fact I am not going to cook different food when I have days worth of leftovers.